I want thrower

logit99

Newly Enlightened
Please suggest me what to buy:

I need flashlight with range of 200 meters. On 200m beam diametar should be smaller than 5meters ( If that is possible) and without any spill.

So I need a super thrower. I need one for a start and after that maybe 40-50 flaslights for my friends hunters.

Until now I have buy uniquefire 802 from DX, Ultrafire 600 from DX and X2000 also from DX. But I need better than that. Build quality is very bad and they have too much spill.

Please suggest me ( you can here or on PM ) what and where to buy, I am ready to pay even 200$ per flashlight.

Thanks for help,

Sinisa from Croatia

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get a beam as you desribe, (less spill than an 802) you will need to get an aspheric lens. Try a Tiablo A9, or a Dereelite DBS with the matching Aspheric head kit. Either of these, with an XR-E R2 emitter should do.

You shoul contact Flashcrazy HERE.

Last edited:

logit99

Newly Enlightened
To get a beam as you desribe, (less spill than an 802) you will need to get an aspheric lens. Try a Tiablo A9, or a Dereelite DBS with the matching Aspheric head kit. Either of these, with an XR-E R2 emitter should do.

You shoul contact Flashcrazy HERE.

Is there any pictures of beams? I have look DEFT flashlight and contact them over their website.

Tiablo A10 > can the beam really reach 200 meters, I mean, can beam on 200m shine enough to see a deer for example?

007adan

Newly Enlightened
www.flashlightconnection.com for pure value the tiablo A9 with the aspherical lens option for under $100 is pretty hard to beat. On Dx
the Hs_802 and the Wf-008 are pretty sweet throwers for under $30
If your in this for the long haul the Deree Dbs is probably the smartest buy because you can upgrade this fella and it has an aspherical lens option.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Don't forget to checkout the Led Lenser P17 & P14. Both of these lights feature an ashperical type lens that feature a spot to flood light feature.

Here is a youtube link comparing the Ledlenser P14 & P17 to a maglite halogen D-Cell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDwMrAarrHc

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come there's no cheap Deft clones?

There is a lower cost version of the DEFT out now that is lower priced than the original one.

There aren't any other DEFT types of lights on the market because LEDs just aren't great at throw distance and thus I don't usually recommend them if someone wants to illuminate something very far away. They can be made into throw lights, like the DEFT, but by then you're getting close to the cost of an HID spotlight that will have a much more useful beam pattern.

LED throw lights with aspheric lenses have good throw, but their extremely tight beam patterns are so useless in the real world. At least that's my opinion after messing with some. They do throw pretty well, but the price for that is any usable beam pattern. Using one of those LED throw lights at night is like having tunnel vision. They're neat to show off to others but one that novelty wears off (after about ten minutes for me) I *really* start to miss my Fenix TK40 and it's wonderful (for my use) beam pattern.

stallion2

Enlightened
i have the A9 w/ an aspheric head and the DBS w/ an aspherice head. the DBS is a much better light...better heat sinking, upgradeability, better anodization, better machining.

however, i do like the A9 aspheric setup better than the DBS aspheric setup. the A9 head allows for some adjustment of the focu. you may need to install thicker washers to keep the head relatively secure when adjusting out. the DBS on the other hand has a VERY narrow margin of adjustment. i say go to Jay at flashlightconnection.com for the DBS. i'm not sure if the DBS aspherics are still being made. i know they did away w/ XR-E's months ago but you can get those pills anywhere.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
16 feet at 650 feet is about a 1.4 degree beam divergence. A single stage aspheric won't be able to achieve that kind of beam, which gets about 1 foot at 20 feet or 2.8 degrees. The HS-802 which in my experience throws tighter than most any flashlight I've seen is about 6" at 20 feet or right at that 1.4 degree beam divergence you need. I also was able to get even tighter beams with a specialized lens, a 200mm slr camera lens.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single stage aspheric won't be able to achieve that kind of beam,
:thinking: Right.:rolleyes:

The HS-802 which in my experience throws tighter than most any flashlight I've seen is about 6" at 20 feet or right at that 1.4 degree beam divergence you need. I also was able to get even tighter beams with a specialized lens, a 200mm slr camera lens.
Yes you can find many many collimation systems to get a beam to a desired angle but that does not mean you will see anything. The intensity needs to be there. That HS-802 could not match an aspheric for throw even if it could match the angle.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's is not a DEFT clone, as the lens is only 2", it's more in the league of Mag, A9 Aspherical type.

You need to get much bigger lens to make DEFT clones, Here are some of the DEFT clones I am making,
one is DEFT jr. with 66mm lens & the other will use the DEFT head with 3" lens (in progress).
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/264722

There are many factors to achieving DEFT level of throw, but one thing can not be overcome is the size of the lens,
one needs to get 3" lens to get to DEFT level of throw, and to beat DEFT, one will need to get up to 4-5" Aspeherical lens.

BTW, I am looking for 4-5" Aspherical lens, can't find any.
Need to have similar tall profile (i.e. Diameter/EFL ~1.4 to 1.5 range, For example 100mm Aspherical lens with 60-70mm EFL, or 125mm lens with 80-90 mm EFL). Let me know if anyone know where to get one, AR coating preferred but not required.

Last edited: