Green Quarks

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
:huh:Just wondering if the recently shipped quark 123 and 123*2 XP-G's are still as green tinted as when they came out. Different batches by now? Also, any word of neutral XP-G's on these? Cree have those out yet?

recDNA

Flashaholic
:huh:Just wondering if the recently shipped quark 123 and 123*2 XP-G's are still as green tinted as when they came out. Different batches by now? Also, any word of neutral XP-G's on these? Cree have those out yet?

Great question! The only problem is I fear some "see" the green and others simply don't. I'd have to see beamshots next to neutral colored flashlight to rely on what I'm told. I've seen very green beamshots here that the photographer says are white.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Quarks from the very first batch... they are pure white!

Perfect tint... with no signs of greenish or purple!

csa

Enlightened
I absolutely love my quark, and it is a fantastic snowy white. See the thread I posted earlier with a poll...

ky70

Banned
Great question! The only problem is I fear some "see" the green and others simply don't. I'd have to see beamshots next to neutral colored flashlight to rely on what I'm told. I've seen very green beamshots here that the photographer says are white.

Great point and I wonder about that as well. When I got mini 123 I was thinking what are these folks talking about with this green tint stuff as I didn't notice any green at all in my light. Then one day while playing with the mini along side another light, I could see the green as clear as day. Without the reference point I didn't notice but now that I've seen it, I can clearly see it each time now. It's Not horrible and I still love the light, but it's definitely there.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have 2 Quarks from the very first batch... they are pure white!

Perfect tint... with no signs of greenish or purple!

The first batch were titanium. Are you saying you have titanium quarks you've compared to neutral white beams on a white wall that are not green?

carrot

Flashaholic
The first batch of Quarks were titanium?

No... they weren't... The very first Quarks were R2 bin XP-E and I know because I ran the passaround on them.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The first batch of Quarks were titanium?

No... they weren't... The very first Quarks were R2 bin XP-E and I know because I ran the passaround on them.

The OP was asking about Quark XP-G's not R2's and obviously so was I.

rokspydr

Newly Enlightened
I have the 123 tactical and the AA turbo head on the 18650 body and they both are very white. The turbo has a slight donut but great beam.

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
One R5 ti mini 123, seawead green.

One R5 ti mini 123 that is pretty neutral & is superior to the other light in every way.

One regular ti 123 clipless R5 that I won the lottery on also, neutral just a warmish tinge that helps the depth perception a little more than the cooler lights.

recDNA

Flashaholic
One R5 ti mini 123, seawead green.

One R5 ti mini 123 that is pretty neutral & is superior to the other light in every way.

One regular ti 123 clipless R5 that I won the lottery on also, neutral just a warmish tinge that helps the depth perception a little more than the cooler lights.

My mini isn't as green as my Ti 123 X 2 or my Ti 123 X 1 (the greenest of the 3). The only thing is they are the only 3 green tinted flashlights I have ever seen in person. Of course I've heard about lots of others. I've had several Fenix and Olights and none are the slightest bit green. All either white-white or blue-white.

I'm one of those odd ducks who likes blue LED's. I've always been jealous of those blue headlights even though I know they don't illuminate as well as my neutral white headlights.

I'd buy BOTH the AA and 123 Ti Mini if I KNEW they wouldn't be green...but I won't take the chance.

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy BOTH the AA and 123 Ti Mini if I KNEW they wouldn't be green...but I won't take the chance.

I'm with recDNA on this whole thing. I'd buy a couple more Quarks if it were not for the greenish color :green:

With all the comments about the beam tint from users here I'm sure this is the nature of the current Quark build.

I tried one, can't stand the tint, won't chance another.

I submit to those of you that haven't tried comparing the Quark beam side by side with another brand not to. I bet you'll be unhappy with the results.

After I tried my Quark 123 next to my JetBeam RRT-0, I quietly placed my Quark on top of my dresser where it has sat ever since. :sigh:

My quest for my "perfect" EDC continues...

...admittedly that's fun albeit- expensive.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I've had my Quark Mini123 less than a month and it falls slightly on the green side. Not too bad. I prefer slightly on the warm side or even the blue side if it is not pure white. But most of all, I prefer it not to be black. :candle:

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened
Would the be only on the lower settings?

Don't most current controlled lights suffer from tint shift at lower mA ?

shark_za: In my case the green tint is on all settings. I think it's more prevalent on the highest setting actually.

Like others have said; I'd prefer a blueish or violet tint in my LED lights if it had to have any at all. But green?

I'm sure 47s will address this - his lights are too great not to.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
shark_za: In my case the green tint is on all settings. I think it's more prevalent on the highest setting actually.

Like others have said; I'd prefer a blueish or violet tint in my LED lights if it had to have any at all. But green?

I'm sure 47s will address this - his lights are too great not to.

He has already addressed this in more than one thread. I think the tint is here to stay, since they get a special run of the LED's from CREE. I think the answer was (to really sum it up) that it looks green to some and not to others - too bad. Something along those lines anyway. I really want a R5 Tactical 123-2 also, and this is kinda holding me back. I already have an R2-123 clipless tactical, and it's not green at all, beauty of a little light!

recDNA

Flashaholic
He has already addressed this in more than one thread. I think the tint is here to stay, since they get a special run of the LED's from CREE. I think the answer was (to really sum it up) that it looks green to some and not to others - too bad. Something along those lines anyway. I really want a R5 Tactical 123-2 also, and this is kinda holding me back. I already have an R2-123 clipless tactical, and it's not green at all, beauty of a little light!

Even though it is very expensive buying one part at a time I'd Lego a titanium tactical 123 X2 if I could get a head with a white tint. I love everything about the Quarks except the tint. They're not as bright as other R5's but I could live with that if the tint were white or even blue white.