sandcrab

Newly Enlightened
I may be a newbie flashaholic, but I hope this is a good
question. Where can you get an old style d10. Such as a
Q5 or R2. I've read the reviews on the new sp version and
even Selfbuilt says its not all that great. I've wanted a d10
for awhile but funds were low, now that its tax refund time
i have the funds but the old d10 are no more. Selfbuilt said
some places may still have the old models, so if any one can direct me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. :twothumbs

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had a small fire ... but should be taking orders again any day now !

The Tribute would be the one to get , before they sell out.

Not sure how limited the production run was ?

jslappa

Enlightened
I agree with TMG. Get the tribute from BatteryJunction.com because you'll get the new improved piston design coupled with the ramping UI.

Alternatively, if Uncle Sam was really nice to you, JHanko can make a custom Ti D10 for you. Just sayin'.....

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a few on ebay you need to look carefully and I would ask the seller before you buy it incase they have just got an old picture and not updated the specs

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what the charge for shipping and custom tax from BatteryJunction for the D10 to the UK, England? :thinking:

Bass

Enlightened
Why not get the D10 from flashaholics.co.uk? They have the older ramping Q5 and R2 versions in stock. No shipping or import tax.

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
Why not get the D10 from flashaholics.co.uk? They have the older ramping Q5 and R2 versions in stock. No shipping or import tax.

Thanks for the link. But I wanted a D10 with the slot pre-cut, which as far as I am aware of battery junction is the only place that does this. :shakehead

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
I have copied some of the shipping info from BatteryJunction below. I ordered my backup Tribute D10 Monday and I hope it is waiting for me at home today. I would order it ASAP.
I did call Monday morning and was told they were out of stock but thought that there may be more coming. When the online came up, I ordered one and they still show available.
Now to wait for the trits to be available :naughty:

International Shipping 4-14 Days: Orders ship via USPS Air Parcel or Global Priority Mail at our discretion. If you require EMS or DHL Express shipping with tracking please inquire in advance of ordering - there will be additonal charges for these services. For certain high value orders we reserve the right to upgrade or require the (paid) upgrade to EMS or DHL Express shipping.
Customs and Import Duties for buyers outside of the US:

Your order may be subject to VAT, import duties and/or taxes, which are levied by your country when your package reaches your country.
BatteryJunction.com ships your package DDU, "duties and taxes unpaid", and does not collect the VAT, duties and/or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be. If you do incur these additional charges, they must be rendered in order for your package to clear customs.

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
I have copied some of the shipping info from BatteryJunction below. I ordered my backup Tribute D10 Monday and I hope it is waiting for me at home today. I would order it ASAP.
I did call Monday morning and was told they were out of stock but thought that there may be more coming. When the online came up, I ordered one and they still show available.
Now to wait for the trits to be available :naughty:

International Shipping 4-14 Days: Orders ship via USPS Air Parcel or Global Priority Mail at our discretion. If you require EMS or DHL Express shipping with tracking please inquire in advance of ordering - there will be additonal charges for these services. For certain high value orders we reserve the right to upgrade or require the (paid) upgrade to EMS or DHL Express shipping.
Customs and Import Duties for buyers outside of the US:
Your order may be subject to VAT, import duties and/or taxes, which are levied by your country when your package reaches your country.
BatteryJunction.com ships your package DDU, "duties and taxes unpaid", and does not collect the VAT, duties and/or taxes and cannot predict what your particular charges may be. If you do incur these additional charges, they must be rendered in order for your package to clear customs.

Thanks for that.... I must have been as blind as a bat not to see this on their site.

Seems like I'll be forced to pay the custom tax then.... unless of course any of you lovely CPF members :bow: know some where that sells it and ships to the UK without the customs charge and has the slot for a trit.... :popcorn:

Btw, how long does the glow of the trit last for? 1 years or forever :confused:

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
You might be lucky and escape the customs charge.

I've only ever been stung twice in 6 years... (I'm from the UK too)

Yeah, I could take the chance... but if I was to get the D10 nad the trits it would work out to be around £50....so I don't want to get stung with an additional custom charge.

I just hope the £50 is worth it...if I do take the chance.

btw, how much roughly is the custom charge? Also, how long does the trit last for?

Thanks guys lovecpf

Batou00159

Enlightened
heinnie haynes seem to have a good stock of boath

oops i missed the bit about the trit slot

Last edited:

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the hh site later too. I've already ordered the trit from B@rt but not order the D10 yet.... low on funds :sigh: but 12 years of bright trit sound good enough to me... need to find some strong clear adhesive now and funds for my D10:twothumbs

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
The adhesive of choice here is sold by rockettomato at CPFMP, Norland61. There is a shelf life associated with it, and its not the cheapest of products, but it hardens and stays clear. Coupled with a Photon Freedom Micro UV from Battery Junction as well (370nm LED, Norland61 needs 365-385nm UV to harden), and you should be good to go for installing trit vials!

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
The adhesive of choice here is sold by rockettomato at CPFMP, Norland61. There is a shelf life associated with it, and its not the cheapest of products, but it hardens and stays clear. Coupled with a Photon Freedom Micro UV from Battery Junction as well (370nm LED, Norland61 needs 365-385nm UV to harden), and you should be good to go for installing trit vials!

Yeah, I thought the Norland61 is recommend glue to use, but it's pretty expensive and not available here in the UK. cost about the same price as the trit vial I've order :eek:. But I guess it's a must if I do gather enough funds for the D10, I'll not get the UV light though.... I'll have to make do with the British sun...if any :scowl:
I guess I'll sort my order out soon or later.

Why not just use a water clear epoxy?

Which water clear epoxy? Do you have a link so I can keep an eye out for this when I pop into some hardware stores like B&Q

Thanks

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
Yes I also looked up Norland61, smallest size was 30mL, which is why RocketTomato does a group buy in CPFMP.

Rockettomato does a group order once demand gets high enough, comes out around $8.50USD per 1mL bottle. His last order appears to have arrived on March 22, you can ask if he still has stock in his sales thread

the UV light for me will have a dual purpose, curing my Norland61 and for playing with currency (I work at a Costco, it'll make counterfeit detection far easier...)

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Which water clear epoxy? Do you have a link so I can keep an eye out for this when I pop into some hardware stores like B&Q

Thanks

I don't think you are going to get it in B&Q.

System Three resins do an epoxy called Clear Coat. They had a dealer in Scotland a while back that I got some from. I could look up the email adddress if you are interested.

Polymer Composites also do one, their high temperature epoxy is water clear: http://polymercompositesinc.com/

They sell on eBay which is where I got mine.

In both cases you would be looking at having to purchase minimum quantities that would likely be enough to do 1000+ trit installs.

I could send you a small quantity of either resin for a nominal amount plus postage. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

You don't need UV lamps to cure them, just mix the two parts and possibly provide some warmth to speed up the cure. The Clear Coat is highly viscous for an epoxy and has a long working and cure time. The High Temp one is more viscous but cures faster. Once cured It wont soften till over 100 C