Packaging for Surefire

regularguy

Newly Enlightened
When do they box their lights and when do they clamshell them?
Is there a difference?
Should I care?

The last 2 Surefire's came in a clamshell: a C3 and G2.
Did they switch to clamshell?

Can you help a regular guy out?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
This is new to me (clam shell). Where did you buy them from?
I have several & all came in boxes. I just got 7 G2s, 5 from
TW & 2 from Bulldog. I don't have a C3 but I do have C2, M3,
M6, E2e, E1e, L1, A2 & L4. I'll be watching this thread to
see what others say. I wonder what's up with the clamshell.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I thought all Surefire's came in boxes...

Like this (courtesy of Quickbeam):

surefire_e1_6p_package.jpg

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Me too! That's why I asked where regularguy bought them. I
was wondering if they were tampered with.

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
About 2 weeks ago i bought a G2Z, and an E1e from product wizard.
The G2z came in a clamshell, and the E1e came in a box.

I think they might only be packaging certain models on the clamshell
but that is just a guess.

RY3

Enlightened
My E2e that I purchased last year came in a clamshell. It was bought in Canada so my guess is SF use difference packaging depend where the products are shipped.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just started stocking select Surefire products at AAFES (the PX) on Ft. Hood.

The lights available come in clamshell packages, usually with a bonus item such as an extra set of batts or a lanyard, and usually have a sticker saying to the effect that this item specially packed for military sales only.

Don't have a picture of any of them, and unfortunately, none of the models available are the ones that are on my list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jason

E__WOK

Newly Enlightened
There is no difference. Some store get the clamshell so they can be put on hangers. I've seen clamshells for lights from the E1 to the 3 volt lights.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones available are:
C2HA, Z2, G2 black and green, KL1 scalloped, KL2 and KL3 heads, rechargeable 3 cell, and kit to mod G2 to a 3 cell rechargeable.

Also available are the 2pack of batts, MN01, MN03 and P60.

They are obviously missing quite a few. Maybe they've already been diverted to AAFES stores near or in the middle east.

-Jason

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think stores can choose the packaging they prefer. i've gotten a 6P and a C2 in clamshell packages, and an M2, E2e and M3 in a boxes.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok had some free time so i broke out the scanner. this is how it looks (the C2 beside it is for size comparison):

fba0bd87.jpg

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
me too...the clamshells are more resistant to tampering though. getting it open is a real b!@#$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pahl

Enlightened
It's kind of nice that you can see the flashlight in the clamshell. When I bought my E2e-HA at cabela's in the box I made them open it because I wanted to make sure the HA matched on the body and bezel before I bought it.

They had a E1e-HA open at cabela's and the tail cap, body and bezel were all differant colors.

The first E2e they opened for me matched really good. If it would not have I would have made them open another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
ok had some free time so i broke out the scanner. this is how it looks (the C2 beside it is for size comparison):

fba0bd87.jpg

[/ QUOTE ] All I can tell you is that you paid a lot more for that C2 then you needed to. No but really I've bought seven Surefires this year and only one of my 6P's came in the clam shell. The other 6P, 2 E2e's, a Z2, a C3 and my newest, an L4, all came in a box.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
emann: the price is in singapore dollars, not US dollars. the price works out to roughly US$105. i did not have a CC at that time, which meant i was unable to order one cheaply from the US. considering the options available to me then the price i got for that C2 was pretty decent.

in any case, the clamshell packaging is pretty robust and protects the light well enough. i don't think its that important because once i've opened it up the packaging is either thrown away or kept somewhere.