Photon-fest @ 37,000'

travelinman

Enlightened
Last week, on a red-eye over the Pacific, my wife decided at 2am that she needed to go to the bathroom. I followed her up front to wait until she came out to use it myself.

While I stood there waiting, a couple of attractive young flight attendants were sitting in their fold out seats putting together a couple of AAA multi-led lights. When they had finished they shone them on the wall of the plane over the door and asked me "dont' you think these are nice and bright?"

Well, I stood there with a Preon 1 in my shirt pocket, and an ITP C7 (with 14500 cell) in my pants pocket and my Polestar A6 in my carry on bag.

What was I supposed to do?

When my wife finally came out of the washroom, I was shining the ITP on the wall, the girls were ohing and ahing over the Preon and I was actually thinking of going back to my seat and getting the Polestar.

Experience is a wonderful thing! As I've been married for over 40 years, my decision, after seeing the "rolling of eyes" look on my wife's face I decided not to get the Polestar, and instead to go to the bathroom instead.

Being a photonfanatic is sometimes a wonderful thing. :twothumbs Never let yourself be without your favourite lights, you never know when you might need them.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha! At least you got the 'rolling of the eyes' and not the 'raised eyebrow, folded arms, and the toe-tap' look. :D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, you got me convinced... if a flashlight could be a divorce issue, it could also be a good way to meet women, got it!

Actually, this reminds me of a slightly similar situation... I was at the gas station and they where having some problems with the lights, but the girls there where real hapy to use their "super bright light" (5$ gas station multi-led light, but real bright for 5$) I only had my L0D on me at the time, but was glad to outshine their light... and start a conversation. I really should have skipped the fencing course that evening!

grnamin

Enlightened
Excellent story. If I may share... I was on an international flight. It was night time and lights were dimmed in the cabin. A lady passenger lost a diamond earring so one of the flight attendants retrieved her incan to help the passenger find the earring. The incan was running low on juice. I had just come out of the lavatory as I passed by. I whipped out my Surefire L4 (this was a few years ago :D). The flight attendant remarked that it was so bright and asked to borrow it. They searched for the earring until the lady's mom came back from her own jaunt to the lavatory. Turned out the mom found the earring earlier and kept it in her bag. :D The flight attendant returned my flashlight with a smile, remarking once again that the light was bright. :)