Beam shot request: P60 vs P61

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You really don't want to know! You'll just have to buy
battries in larger quantities /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently the only Surefire I have is the E2e. I need more! Not enough money! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I have a regular legend LX and one with a p61 lamp in it....I think the regular LX uses the same as a p60 lamp correct? If this is good enough I could pop in some fresh batteries and give you a beam shot of that if you'd like...

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
The Scorpion is basically the same brightness as the P60, so this may help. Picture courtesy of Sean's Flashlight site:

m2vsscorpion.jpg

There isn't much difference between the P60 and P61 except the latter has a bigger, brighter hotspot.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zerox, I just placed an order for a p61 module for my lx last week, should be here on Tuesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also bought a couple of boxes of batteries to keep it happy. It's the only incandesent that I use, so I wanted to make it a bit more fun!

But since I don't have anything with a p60 in it, I can't really compare them in a beam shot.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
The beams of my G2(P60) and G2Z(P61) look like the pic in hawkhkg11's post.

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I can see a big difference between the P60 and P61. Especially when in large open areas. It's harder to tell the difference if you shine it on a wall at 5 feet though. You really need to test it in large open areas.

The P61 is much whiter and much more intense.

Wick

Newly Enlightened
Mulder is eactly right. In open fields the P61 is the clear winner. In close quarters it is hard to notice. The hotspot is bigger and brighter with a P61.

=Wick

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I would think that 20 minute runtime against the roughly 1 hour of a P60 would make the P61 useful for fun only!!!

My Pelican M6 has a slightly brighter (mostlyin the hotspot) beam than the P60 in my G2. My P60 is also just SLIGHTLY oval shaped beamish.

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I think that SureFires are made primarily for Military/Law Enforcement so the 20 minute runtime is plenty long to make room entry, serve an arrest warrant, etc. The Extra light and toughness is welcome in those environments.

For us normal folk, it is fun though and the cost sometimes seems "outrageous" because we just EDC them and not use them for it's intended purpose.

I like the P61's perfectly round smooth beam over the P60s slightly oval shape too.