what's up with my quark??? updated

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
aa tactical won't program. it's stuck in 1 mode. i've tried fresh primaries and freshly charged eneloops, and cleaned contact with alcohol and lubed with silicon grease. it turns nice and smooth but won't go into program mode. i emailed 4sevens customer service but thought someone on here might be able to help me out.

update: i sent it back to 47's and the problem was the clip retaining ring. it only goes on one way and i had it backwards:oops:

Last edited:

kicken_bright

Newly Enlightened
Re: what's up with my quark???

hmmm... thats interesting. could it be that you have both modes set to the same setting? try doing the four twist program thing (its gotta be fast) even if the light doesnt seem to change mode. let it sit for a while (10 seconds maybe) and then it should flash into program mode. otherwise, hopefully 4 sevens will help

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened

it used to go into program mode immediately after doing the four twists. i haven't programmed it for awhile but now when i twist the head to go into program mode it feels different. i'm awaiting another response from 4sevens.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

I used to have a turbo that had a problem goign to the tight brightness mode and programming. Turned out to be the end of the battery tube was not making contact with the circuit trace inside the head. Check to see that it's not being restricted from fully tightening by something in the threads or being stopped from making contact by some gunk getting between the end of the tube and the copper circuit trace that rings around the circumference of the board inside the head.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened

after 3 emails from 4sevens telling me to try new batteries, change my technique, and "if it worked before it should work now" and now 2 days with no response to my last email i'm getting a little frustrated. i use my quark every day at work and i need both levels:sigh:

can anyone offer anything else to try?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this the "quality service" from 4sevens that I heard so many talked about? Hey if there is a problem with the light, they should rectify it! My friend bought a turbo 123 and had problems switching the light on. Called 4sevens and was told to do a few rectification on his end. Nothing seems to work and that's it, no more communication from 4sevens. My friend had to take the tailcap apart and try figure out what the problem is and rectify the problem himself. It's like they just avoided the "please send your product in so we could do a check" kind of reply. Not every buyer knows how to take the light apart so 4sevens better stand by their warranty.