Got my new Lumapower Signature SST-50 and have a disappointing moment

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I can't speak for how bright it is because I got it this afternoon and the sky isn't only bright, its cloudless. LoL

So... I can only speak of one disappointment thus far. My Eagletac 18650s will NOT fit. This kills me because most of my batteries are Eagletac and I really don't want to buy more Tenergy batteries (which DO fit).

This stinks.

Other than that, build quality seems high though I have a flaw in the anodizing. Size with the standard head/reflector makes for a perfect EDC pocket light in my 5.11 pants.

I'll report back tonight after dark and get to play with it a little.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
BTW, I LOVE the size of this light with the standard reflector on it.

LumapowerSig.jpg

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Wow, nice light. Looks like I want one. I really like how neat the light is from top to bottom in standard form without the bulging head of most lights. I know the turbohead is included but I like it that way.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'll be very curious to see beamshots and OTF lumens and max lux.

Looks-wise, it's a beauty.

Yavox

Enlightened
Waiting for the pics and beamshots, especially with the turbo head. I was going to order this light but decided to wait for some reviews. If anyone could compare the throw of Signature and DBS with nailbender SST-50 dropin, that would be great.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Well, I'm not going home before heading to a buddy's campsite tonight but I do have several lights I'll be comparing to one another after while.

One comparo I'm looking forward to is the Eagletac M2C4 P7 vs. this light.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Waiting for the pics and beam-shots, especially with the turbo head. I was going to order this light but decided to wait for some reviews. If anyone could compare the throw of Signature and DBS with nailbender SST-50 dropin, that would be great.

I just found beam-shots on the Lumapower website. Pretty outstanding. Lights up a building 200 meters away even without Turbo head. With turbo head folks in building toasting marshmallows in hot-spot.

http://www.lumapower.com/products/Sig_VX/Signature-VX_Beamshots/index.html

recDNA

Flashaholic
I can't speak for how bright it is because I got it this afternoon and the sky isn't only bright, its cloudless. LoL

So... I can only speak of one disappointment thus far. My Eagletac 18650s will NOT fit. This kills me because most of my batteries are Eagletac and I really don't want to buy more Tenergy batteries (which DO fit).

This stinks.

Other than that, build quality seems high though I have a flaw in the anodizing. Size with the standard head/reflector makes for a perfect EDC pocket light in my 5.11 pants.

I'll report back tonight after dark and get to play with it a little.

My AW IMR's might fit. Please send me the Lumapower and I'll check. If they fit I'll send you back the flashlight in a couple of years. By then it will be broken in nicely!

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
My AW IMR's might fit. Please send me the Lumapower and I'll check. If they fit I'll send you back the flashlight in a couple of years. By then it will be broken in nicely!

LoL... I'll get right on that. Send me $119.00 for shipping and I'll get it out to you ASAP. :p

Yavox

Enlightened
Well, I'm not going home before heading to a buddy's campsite tonight but I do have several lights I'll be comparing to one another after while.

One comparo I'm looking forward to is the Eagletac M2C4 P7 vs. this light.

M2XC4 warm would also be interesting...

Yavox

Enlightened

recDNA

Flashaholic
LoL... I'll get right on that. Send me $119.00 for shipping and I'll get it out to you ASAP. :p
And that's the thanks I get for breaking it in? You could have said it's on the way! It is April Fool's day after all!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Yeah, that 200m with turbo is quite impressive. The guy inside the house is probably going to get up from his bed very quickly... :devil:

His wife is using the spill to get a tan!:popcorn:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
BirdofPrey;3336141. said:
My Eagletac 18650s will NOT fit. .

id probably put a sanding device/file on the end of my dremell and try honing it out a little.a few minutes and some care would make it wider

Noctis

Enlightened
Funny how I was considering an E2DL, and this one suddenly seems like much better utility for the price tag.

A little TOO good if you ask me. Gotta wait for them beamshots.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Alright folks... you ready for this?

Had quite the revelation tonight.

I was expecting the Signature to be equal to my M2C4 on the 2nd setting. However, with the turboforce head on it this is what I got.

With exception of the Eagletac having a slightly wider spill and slightly "larger" hot spot, the brightness up close AND at distance was equal to one another with both on their brightest settings.

I didn't get to check out a LONG distance but I was just shy of 200 yards on my comparison.

With the standard head (which is what I will most likely keep on the light the majority of the time as it fits in my pocket perfectly) it will shine that same distance but just not as brightly. It does however throw a HUGE beam that is very smooth and amazingly useful.

We walked down a trail and used it at the campsite and it was excellent.

The strobe mode by the way is devastating.

Noctis

Enlightened
Alright folks... you ready for this?

Had quite the revelation tonight.

I was expecting the Signature to be equal to my M2C4 on the 2nd setting. However, with the turboforce head on it this is what I got.

With exception of the Eagletac having a slightly wider spill and slightly "larger" hot spot, the brightness up close AND at distance was equal to one another with both on their brightest settings.

I didn't get to check out a LONG distance but I was just shy of 200 yards on my comparison.

With the standard head (which is what I will most likely keep on the light the majority of the time as it fits in my pocket perfectly) it will shine that same distance but just not as brightly. It does however throw a HUGE beam that is very smooth and amazingly useful.

We walked down a trail and used it at the campsite and it was excellent.

The strobe mode by the way is devastating.
Ah, you're making me itch already. I swear my mouse pointer is just hovering over the "Add to Cart" button at BatteryJunction. Before I slap myself and try to think up of a good reason to get a thrower light in urban Honolulu with lots of ambient lighting.

Nevermind that I'm already planning to get an SST-50 dropin which will give me roughly the same close-range performance of the VX <_<

I guess waiting simply isn't in my nature XD

recDNA

Flashaholic
Ah, you're making me itch already. I swear my mouse pointer is just hovering over the "Add to Cart" button at BatteryJunction. Before I slap myself and try to think up of a good reason to get a thrower light in urban Honolulu with lots of ambient lighting.

Nevermind that I'm already planning to get an SST-50 dropin which will give me roughly the same close-range performance of the VX <_<

I guess waiting simply isn't in my nature XD

How about shining out toward the sea like your own personal moon! Haven't been to Honolulu since my honeymoon. Never should've left.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Hmmm... ANYone have runtimes on the various settings of this light? Don't know what to expect and can find no numbers anywhere.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Hmmm... ANYone have runtimes on the various settings of this light? Don't know what to expect and can find no numbers anywhere.
In your earlier post are you saying you are disappointed that the output of the SST-50 doesn't beat the daylights out of the Eagletac?