Jetbeam RRT-0 R2 aftermarket clip? **Problem solved**

OCD

Enlightened
I just purchased my RRT-0 (literally like and 1-1/2 hours ago!:party::paypal:)
I have been doing a lot of reading on this light and was excited to learn the Nitecore D10 clip would fit the RRT-0....the original version! :shakehead

I read a lot of posts of people who think the factory clip is adequate. The clip reminds me too much of my Maratac clip, which already has my stainless AAA scratched from rotating. I don't want any scratches to be self inflicted by the light itself, but rather from being proudly EDC'd!

IIRC, the R2 has two tapped holes instead of the 4 slots? Has anyone been successful in mounting a D10 clip (or any other quality clip) to the RRT-0?

I also saw where someone asked what thread size the threaded holes are. Anyone know this? This is not a big deal as I can stop by the my local hardware store and find 2 small screws that fit it.

If no one has gotten an aftermarket clip to work, I think I am going to order a D10 clip, find some screws that tap into the light and drill 2 new holes in the clip and try mounting one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam RRT-0 R2 aftermarket clip?

OCD I also did my homework and got the Nitecore clip. I am in the process of finding some screws that will fit perfect. I have been lagging it and have not went to find a spot that will drill some holes to line up to the predrilled holes on the RRT-0. To my surprise I have not seen any CPFer post picture of this. Its hard to say if Jetbeam will ever come out with a clip for those holes. I believe for now that this is the best set up. But like your username I do have OCD when it comes to my lights and dont want to screw up my light trying to drill the holes myself. I'd rather go to a machine shop and have them do it.

Brian321

Enlightened

When i bought my RRT-0 i ordered the D10 clip, But it turns out that the clip that came with my RRT-0 is perfect IMHO, So i have not tried the D10 clip yet. But if you want more info and pics of the D10 clip installed check out this thread.

Brian

BIGLOU

Enlightened

That thread shows the first version RRT-0 without the predrilled screw holes. I believe there has to be some grinding that has to be done. I guess I'll have to throw my clip on and post photos soon.

Brian321

Enlightened

That thread shows the first version RRT-0 without the predrilled screw holes. I believe there has to be some grinding that has to be done. I guess I'll have to throw my clip on and post photos soon.
Sorry i did not know that.

jefierro

Newly Enlightened

1+ on the RRT-0 clip, strong enough to hang the light securely anywhere you put it, just don't play to much with it, putting the clip on and off the body will scratch the finish.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

+2 on the RRT-0 clip. its strong and sturdy.

ive taken the clip off a few times and it didnt seem to scratch it.

im not a fan of the D10 clip, i have it on my D10 and feel its weak. ive had it fallen out of my pocket a a few times after bumping into something. causing it to fall to the ground causing many scratches and nicks.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the D10 clip much better than the original clip. I used the original clip and thought it was great. I even modified it slightly to fit better and was very happy with it. One day, I found the light in the bottom of my pocket and the clip was gone. I now use the D10 clip, which I also modified to be closer to the body of the light. It fits very snug and secure, and I now have no worries about my light.

Original Clip
RRT-0clip.jpg

D10 Clip
RRT-0D10Clip2.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
I finally received my RRT-0 yesterday!!!:twothumbs :party: along with my D10 clip.
I have not had much time to play with the light in the dark, but form, fit and function all meet my expectations!

As for the aftermarket clip...IIRC, some people mentioned the D10 clip did not work on the R2 version because the holes did not line up. I found this to be true for 1 of the 2 holes. It seems the switch retaining ring is about flush with the bottom of the slots which interferes with the clip's backing plate.

I was able to use my Dremel and a sanding drum and grind a little bit off the threaded backing plate for the clip to get it to fit. I didn't have to grind much. I really only had to grind one side as I said before, one hole lined up.

I was also able to use one of the tapped holes for one screw and a slot for the other. The screw fit through the hole and it coverd up one of the holes (YMMV). With my OCD, I'm bound to change it later so you can see both tapped holes.:shrug:

I didn't even bother to put the factory clip on and IMHO, the D10 clip looks factory and looks better than the stock clip.

mellotronmk2

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but recently bought and received today a Jetbeam RRT-0 Raptor. I also ordered previously and installed today, a D-10 pocket clip on the Raptor. All I did was to shave off a small amount of metal on the D-10 half moon threaded retaining clip with a Dremel Moto tool, so it would sit lower in the Raptor tailcap. The small screws provided with the D-10 clip then held the clip to and aligned perfectly with the retaining clip through the elongated slots in the RRT-0 tail piece. The finished product looks good, does not interfere with any operation of the light and is very secure. Just a thought for anyone interested. :twothumbs

Latest posts