Quick Thrunite Catapult Review

king2penn

Enlightened
Did a quick thrunite catapult review for my online store. Here it is:

The Thrunite Catapult 900 Lumens SST-50 LED Flashlight comes in a nice black flip-top cardboard box with the Thrunite Brand embossed in gold on top. A very good first impression indeed.

Opening up the flip-top of the box, the main body of the flashlight itself is wrapped in plastic. The accessory bag and lanyard bag are kept in small ziplocks. The extension tube, warrenty card and instruction manual are located at the bottom of the black holder.

T
he accessories included are a 18650 extension tube (which allows the Catapult to accept 2x18650 Li-Ion Cells for longer runtime and slightly higher light output), 3 x spare o-rings, 1 x spare tail switch, 1 x glo-tube tail cap, a nice lanyard, warrenty card and an instruction manual.

4350190939_ddf5ec4f5b.jpg

The Thrunite Catapult body is covered with black type 3 anodizing and has a very smooth finish throughout the light housing. The tail cap is crenelated, though tail-standing to use the light as a candle is still possible. The head has a removable bezel and a tough glass lens about 3mm thick, which would give the light a good shock/impact proof resistance. Momentary activation of the light by half-pressing the tail switch is possible. All in, the tank-like construction of this light would ensure that it survives a long time in a harsh environment.

The head of each Thrunite Catapult has 4 plates embedded in it. 2 of these are empty, 1 is filled with the manufacturer's website and the other the serial number of the light.

4350349803_5d9442f7f6.jpg

The Thrunite Catapult can be disassembled into 3 parts, the head, battery tube and tail cap. (EDIT: The head component can also be split into the reflector section and the LED component itself, which means the bare LED can be used as a very powerful flood light without the reflector). An extension tube can be added to the light, which increases its heft and weight, and brings it closer in size to a 3D maglite.

Here are some pictures to illustrate the size of the Catapult in hand.

4350461771_f9ef30a0f1.jpg

I would highly recommend using the thrunite catapult with the 18650 extension tube as it balances the weight between the head and the body more evenly.

The Thurnite Catapult comes with a very deep smooth reflector. This contributes to the fact that it is the best thrower in its class (its beam can be seen up to 500m), out-throwing many other MC-E lights (such as the Fenix TK30, TK40). The manufacturer stated lumens of 900 is in fact closer to 700 in real life. The Catapult comes with 4 modes, high, medium, low and strobe in that order of which the tail switch is pressed. There is a 2 second memory effect for the Catapult. The Thrunite Catapult lasts 1.5 hrs on high, 3 hours on medium, and 13.5 hours on low. In fact, low is good enough for most situations.

To conclude, the Thrunite Catapult is a nice light to invest in, as it is the brightest and most solidly built light of its class.
This premium light will satisfy users who are avid campers, adventurers or light enthusiasts in Singapore.

Regards,
Guangyuan

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I read it somewhere too... maybe it's Craig.

Remember to bring it to future outing hor. :naughty:

Charles L.

Enlightened
According to selfbuilt's detailed review, output on medium and low are the same whether you're using one or two 18650's -- only the runtime is affected by the one battery set-up.

High mode is a bit different. Output with one battery is less, and that output is not regulated. If you're going to use this light on high for any length of time, the two-battery set-up would be better.

I have one major problem with my Catapult: it has spoiled me. :) I'm looking forward to other products from this company.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I've a problem with my Thrunite, with a single 18650 no problem but using the extension the flashlight doesn't work. The 2 batteries are ok.
Pls help me :)
Thanks a lot

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
hrmm. you might have the extension on wrong, the extension has to be connected to the head. unscrew your tailcap, and check for anodizing on the battery tube. if no anodizing on the threads means that is the extension, and you need to reverse the order of the 2 battery tubes.