Newly Discovered Energizer Flashlights

damn_hammer

Enlightened
The Target near me had no flashlight aisle for a day while they were doing a "reset" last week. The missing flashlights showed up in the light bulb aisle the next day with most lights (including Mags) at regular price. I scanned a few to be sure. A few new items did appear. Worth noting a silver metal bodied Energizer 2xD, and 2xAA. Has anyone gotten one that can share their impressions? Thanks

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish here in the UK we could get that little key chain light,we get the same but with a push to light only switch on it,bright little fella it is as well.You guys get the ones that stay on.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious about the beam shape of these new full size lights. They looked like 5mm arrays but without optics, iirc. Will have to confirm somehow :). A wall of 5mm light would be a nice change from the previous offering of focused moonbeam light.

The 2x2016 keychain light however, I have already picked up. It's brighter than my DX fauxton and the outer fringes of the hotspot are yellowish (main spot still blue). If you hold the light up super close to the wall the beam looks like an incan. Seems to be one of the newer type Nichia emitters.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Regarding the 2AA...

35L from 5 emitters
90 minute run times

Regarding the 2D...
45L at 10 Hours is pretty good... but not from 2xD cells.

I wouldn't pay more than $5-10 for either of these lights.

Last edited:

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

icon14.gif
Thank you for posting those

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast

damn_hammer

Enlightened
LOL, the OP said that the QMini series "sounds like a POS" and then posts these wastes of raw material? :shakehead

According to the reports of many people in that thread it would seem that the Quark MiNi 123 Titanium has some problems. Not sure about the entire series as you said. Expectations are not the same when paying $10 for a flashlight vs. $70. This seems obvious.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw the new light line at Target...... the selection/quality is taking a nosedive with the new energizer lineup. I figure it will take 6 months and they will be dumping those from the lineup too.