Netscape imap mail fiasco

TOB9595

Enlightened
HELP, I use netscape and can use the regular mail just fine. I cleaned up password manager of all the problem passwords and I deleted the imap password. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I can no longer retreive mail to my offline mail. This, I believe, is my imap server. The password for my email and my offline email must be different.
I can compose from the offline email (far left toolbar) but not retreive.
Is there a way short of removing all my passwords from password manager?
I don't like IE because it is Microsoft. My way of a mini boycott.
Tom
Version 7 netscape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
Hi PB, Version 7
I can get my mail from the main netscape mail area.
BUT not from the imap area that allows you to be informed via visual and sound...when...U HAVE MAIL
For netscape users it's the mail button in the upper left of the toolbar in V7
Tom
I'm having a go with Opera. But it's a new animal to me and I'm lamer than even I thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Found this:

http://computing.fnal.gov/email/faq/

Q. Cannot download imap mail messages to Netscape.

A. The problem is local to the desktop- the local copy of the inbox has become corrupted and needs to be regenerated:

1. Quit Netscape.
2. Locate your local inbox. It will probably be at
c:\programfiles\Netscape\Users\username\ImapMail\imapserverx.fnal.gov\Inbox.snm
3. Rename the inbox.snm to something else.
4. Invoke Netscape and your local inbox will be rebuilt from the inbox on the server.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Thanks PB but it seems to be on the netscape imap server /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I isolated the old netscape installed nets7.1 and had same problem with login password incorrect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I then reverted with GoBack. A wonderful app /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I can get my email from the webmail ok tho. So I guess I'll start to migrate my email away from netscape. I wanted to do this anyway when AOL stopped the legal battle with MS.
The demise of Netscape is near, sad to say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Thanks again for your input
Tom
PS I didn't feel like paying $10 for email help from Netscape. or $45 for a live tech support help. YIKES!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif