I know it's Botach, but.....

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it\'s Botach, but.....

http://store.yahoo.com/botach/surefireg2.html

This is cheaper then you can buy a Scorpion. I have only one experience with Botach and that is buying 20 Toshiba batteries. The order was promptly shipped although I was a bit dismayed to see all 20 batteries thrown together loosely in a bag.

I know their reputation is spotty but how can they sell Surefire products this cheap and still make a profit? I've never seen a G2 advertised for less then $40.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I know it\'s Botach, but.....

If you only order the one item, & don't expect to get it, you'll be pretty safe. It'll be a great deal if you get it. I have 3 G2's. TX

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know everyone here likes to trash them but I have bought a ton of stuff from them and had no problems. I think they have improved in the last year. That is a great deal I imagine they must have bought a lot from SF and SF probable wants to get rid of them.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must also admit that earlier this year I placed no fewer than 4 orders with Botach and all were shipped within 24 hours and were received as expected.

I would only order 1 thing at a time and pray like the end of the world is a hand!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Call or email ahead of time and confirm that they have some in stock.

Email Dan at Tactical Warehouse ([email protected]) and ask him what he can do, I believe he was doing free shipping to CPF members. That would probably be a safer route.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

It is a good deal, but still not as good percentage wise as Eppes Corner selling EternaLight X-Ray Elites for $49.80, when Technology Associates retails them for $80! I realize there is a dealer profit margin, but... They must have bought a truckload!

Gandalf

Enlightened

I ordered from Botach a number of times with no problems...but I think I was extremely lucky. All but one or two orders were for only one or two items; I've heard they will backorder, and ship an item later, sometimes much, much later, with double the shipping charges, of course

Their shipping is fairly expensive, running $8 to $9 for a smallish package...like an E2 and an extra lamp!
icon13.gif
icon8.gif

So if you only order the light, and nothing else, you can expect to pay $8 to $9 for shipping, and your odds of getting what you order are probably at least 50%... Just my opinion, of course.
mad.gif

I stoped ordering from Botach when I learned how many people had been burned by Botach. I don't want to be the next 'statistic'; no matter how attractive the price seems. I'd rather give one of the very reputable resellers, Like Lagger Pro, my hard earned money, because I know if there is any problem, they will make it right. I don't think you can get much in the way of customer service from Botach..
twak.gif

Rifter

Enlightened

Botach is ok, I placed a order when the Inoova X5T came out, they caled me and said they didnt have the white LED in silver body only black, i said ok ill take black, i can always sandit off right, anyways they call 3 days later saying they now are out of stock and wont have any for 4 weeks, I went ballistic and after calming down after 5 min of screaming at the guy told him what he could do with my order
smile.gif
then i got to talk to some manager guy and ended up ordering 40 123's for like $50 shipped fedex next day air
grin.gif
so they may make mistakes but they do try to make the customer happy.

hoss

Newly Enlightened

I too have had fair luck with botach. Some of my orders came quickly, one order took six weeks because they were out of stock but I did get my order.

I ordered the G2 along with a spare lamp assembly and batteries to spread out the cost of shipping.

Maybe it might take a while to get here but I am sure I'll get my order and that's OK because these sale prices are unbeatable.