My Zebralight SC50 just arrived....

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very impressive little light. It's much smaller than I though it would be. I think it's small enough for deep pocket carry with no problems. The beam is very white. There are no rings at all. It handles my very long Ultrafire 14500 with no problems. The low mode is very low and the alternate low is just a bit brighter but still plenty low for using at night to preserve night vision. Very intuitive interface. This picture is next to my EZAA. It came in a cardboard shipping box with the headband and extra o-rings. I'm glad they passed the savings on to us instead of making an impressive looking box that will never be used again.

Last edited:

Vesper

Enlightened
Thanks for the pic. I was just staring at sc50's at their site this morning with my finger hovering over the buy button. Love the side button. How do you like the beam compared to the EZAA?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beams are very similar. The hot spot of the sc50 is a tad tighter, but the overall spill and beam pattern is virtually identical. Obviously the sc50 is brighter. I generally don't prefer side buttons, but in this case it's a necessity. The light is too short to have a rear clicky. I would try to do a beam shot, but it's 3:00pm here and the sun is shining brightly.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Brasso --

Thank you for the report.

And the comparison Photo !

:goodjob:
_

ky70

Banned
Thanks Brasso. Please share your thoughts on the pocket clip. Is it tight enough so it stays in place on your pocket, yet not so tight where it can potentially damage your pants?

Last edited:

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Brasso. Please share your thoughts on the pocket clip. Is it tight stay in place on your pocket, yet not so tight where it potentially damage your pants?

On the Zebralight site, the light has been machined to remove the fins where the clip would make contact. This can't really be seen in Brasso's picture however.

This is a welcome design change, as the fins are really good at chewing up the edge of your pocket.

Peter

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip is just right. The fins aren't machined down to where the clip is. So it's a flat surface. No problems with tearing a pocket.

bansuri

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, great to hear about the clip. Don't know why some manufacturers neglect a nice clip, a small light is perfect for a shirt pocket but without a clip it falls out into whatever you're looking at or working on.

Latest posts