OH THE PAIN! Received McModule, M6 Not here yet!

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Hey, I got my M6 but not the McModule yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Can't wait to get my McModule and my R2H's this week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got my M6 too, and still waiting for the McModule.
I don't know when my McModule will get here, but I'll be waiting and so will my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
You guys are killin' me! Those of you living in the same state should get together ferchrissakes!

rookie

Enlightened
Just imagine if you were on the second group list of the McModules and just hoping that they will be made soon.....

oh the pain......

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Brighter and whiter than the L4!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif It's sooo great that the creations here on CPF are so far ahead of what is commercially available, even when compared to the good light companies like SF. Pretty cool... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got my McModule in today's mail!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If there's a little plastic ring on your Pelican's bulb holder, leave that out too. The McModule won't focus very well if you put that piece back in. Consider it a part of the incandescent LA and put it away with the LA and original reflector in case you ever want to go back (why would you?).

Mine really does appear brighter than my KL4, but it's just a bit more greenish when the two are fired side-by-side. However it looks perfectly white when used by itself, so no complaints here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As soon as I pick up my pills from Bartell's, I'll start getting a web page ready for the McModule.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Greener than the L4???!!! For SHAME!!! (actually I think PK probably picked you out a really, really fabulous one knowing where it was going -- us, we just build'em, pack'em and ship'em like the toothless peasant workers that we are...)

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got my McModule and my R2H's today. One bad thing about the McModule. It makes my other lights look violet. Many thanks to the McModule crew!!! Can't wait for night to come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Mr Bulk, mine had a touch of green but also no complaints.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my McModule, it is brighter than my L4, but they are tied in the white department. Which is a good thing cause until I got the McModule the L4 was the whitest light I have seen. Great job guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Can't wait for my R2H!!! They appear to be the whitest of anything else we've seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif We SO need an "excited" graemlin, jumping up and down or something like that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Greener than the L4???!!! For SHAME!!! (actually I think PK probably picked you out a really, really fabulous one knowing where it was going...

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be right about the KL4 thing. Maybe I did get a really good one because they knew I'd get all pissed off with it if I got a really green one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I have a page about the McModule up right here if anyone's interested.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Frys hadn't hiked their PM6 prices through the roof, I'd say because Bruce is in Houston, to just trek over to Frys...

But, paying $70+ for one is out of the question...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks, Craigeee!

(Oh BTW, the McModule is Not at the Skunklight's site, in fact to my knowledge it is not even Skunk-affiliated...I guess I should know since I had to assemble'em -- and I do Not smell!)

WS6mro

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Charlie,

I received my W3V McModule last Friday and absolutely love it! The beam it produces is pure white, and can be focused to create a nice hotspot that will out throw my L4, also giving my G2 (w/P60) a run for its money (yes, it dose almost match my brightest P60 lamp in the throw department! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif). The build quality of the McModule from the machining right down to the assembly is superb (but isn't everything that comes from MR. Bulk?) and the ability to go back to the incandescent lamp in just minutes is also nice (but really, why?).

Thanks again Charlie and also to the rest of the McModule team. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Matt

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks Matt! A little hint for everybody -- back off the head about ¾ to one full turn, and the slight "gray fuzzy spot" in the middle will go away -- as well as ANY hint of green!