Aftermarket Surefire dropin Question

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Hey, I bought these "drop in" modules, supposed to replace the P60. Right off the bat I could tell it doesn't. So, the mystery is, WTF???

LED1.JPG

LED3.JPG

LED2.JPG

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire Question

Have you tried fitting them in the light? That does appear to be a P60 drop-in, so it should fit relatively well. The difference in shape is meant to better transfer heat from the drop-in to the body of the light (greater surface area of contact).

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Those large diameter springs are removable. That should solve the problem - the module will then fit into a SF P60-type host the same way as the Malkoff M-series fit in.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
What host are you using?
Those look like they will fit in a 6P or L2, although you might need to remove the big spring in the 6P... which is considered a normal procedure for these.

Those will not fit into a Leuphold or TOP host, Neither of which have sufficient ID to fit the modules.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
What host are you using?
Those look like they will fit in a 6P or L2, although you might need to remove the big spring in the 6P... which is considered a normal procedure for these.

Those will not fit into a Leuphold or TOP host, Neither of which have sufficient ID to fit the modules.

I was going to use them in a Z2 and a 6Z

carrot

Flashaholic
6P is internally the same as the Z2 or 6Z. Personally my choice of drop-in is for the Malkoffs but removing the spring on the dropins you have received should make it fit.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Thanks everyone, I pulled the outer springs and they fit as advertised. Thanks for all the advice, this place ROCKS!!!!!!