Bedside flashlight - how do u access it without fumbling?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
OK, I'm pretty sure everyone here keeps a quality flashlight by their bed. My big question is - how do you store/mount/situate it for ready access without fumbling around? I have a EagleTac P20C2 on my nightstand, but often I knock it off the nightstand while grabbing for it. I need a better way to grab my light when something goes bump in the night.

Is anyone using mounting devices or some sort of flashlight holder? Got any pics?

Many thanks....... :cool:

-

COAST

Enlightened
I just put a GITD O-Ring around it. But, you could always designate a spot where you will ALWAYS put it, and just swipe your hand across your nightstand and -whoop-! It's in your hand!:grin2:

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
I just place it on the bed-side table within reach. Never have had a problem hitting/swiping it off the table.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just don't put anything else on one nightstand and lay your flashlight down so you don't knock it over.

Roger999

Enlightened
I put a small amount of GITD paint on mine, but you would have to charge up the GITD paint prior to sleeping, another option would be tritium.

OceanView

Enlightened
Well, since we just had a significant shaker here in Southern Cal/northern Mexico, that's a good question. I keep two lights on lanyards and hook them over the posts of my bed's headboard. (An Inova X5 and an Infinity Ultra) One big reason why I store them this way is for a big earthquake. A light on a nightstand could roll off or get knocked off and roll away into the darkness if an earthquake hits at night. And in a really big quake, the nightstand itself could move some distance from the bed.

Larbo

Enlightened
I have a "few":crazy: that sit next to the alarm clock, never have trouble finding one in the middle of the night.

COAST

Enlightened
Well, since we just had a significant shaker here in Southern Cal/northern Mexico, that's a good question. I keep two lights on lanyards and hook them over the posts of my bed's headboard. (An Inova X5 and an Infinity Ultra) One big reason why I store them this way is for a big earthquake. A light on a nightstand could roll off or get knocked off and roll away into the darkness if an earthquake hits at night. And in a really big quake, the nightstand itself could move some distance from the bed.

Yeah, you felt that too? It was a long quake too! An anti-roll feature would work nicely if your laying it down

Art

Enlightened
I have a Trit on the back of it...for exactly this situations.

L0DTrit.JPG

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra Clicky locator mode on (bezel down; I turn off the mode in the morning) and a trit installed on the piston of my pd-s (on its side facing the bed).

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I have a spare cordura flashlight holster velcroed to the back of my nightstand. That way, you KNOW where your light is and also your hand can fumble around a bit as you're waking up and there's nothing else to get in the way and/or get knocked over.

On dark nights away from home, I've been known to sleep with my E1B EDC on a lanyard around my neck. OK, I always do that. It's surprisingly easy to get used to, you always know where to find it, and sometimes I find myself still doing the lanyard thing at home, force of habit.

COAST

Enlightened
Yeah, biggest quake I've felt in a long time. No sudden jolts, but my house felt like it was floating on the ocean for a while there.

Yeah, I was soldering on the ground and once i felt it, i got under a table, and it didnt stop shaking for a while! Like a regulated current output! Haha

batmanacw

Enlightened
I travel for a living so I have to deal with this issue on an almost daily basis.

If I have a alarm clock on the side of the bed I am sleeping on, I put the light close to it so the light from the clock lights up the flashlight.

If the alarm clock is on the other side, I just go to bed like normal, but place the light on the stand after I lay down. This way its the right distance that my hand will land on it easily at night.

I rarely knock it off the stand and usually leave them standing on end.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Well it's different for me. I just turn my light on all night in lowest mode since it's running on eneloops. In that way you can see it and access it easily.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2D Maglite mounted on the wall next to my bed and use it daily to light my room so I can walk form the restroom without needing other lights. I only use one mounting bracket on it, so that if need be, I can easily pull it off for use as it is right at arm's reach.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've got my lights on a lanyard on a hook (those simple ones with sticky tape behind used for bathrooms) on the side of my bed headboard right next to my head. Got an E01 and an A2 Aviator hanging beside me.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I "corner" mine...essentially put them between me and another object, laying down. My C3 lays down on the rug next to my heat-packing safe...as I reach for it, it will get stuck up along side the safe...and my night stand red lights will get stuck up against the alarm clock/lamp, so I'll push them and grab in my half alert state...

That makes no-sense, huh???

FAIL:mecry:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
how do you store/mount/situate it for ready access without fumbling around?
-

Actually I don't manage it! I never know which light I will get in my hand and which flashlight falling to the floor...:D

No, to be serious: I Have the smallest light (Quark 123 or Nitecore D10) closest to the bed, and a larger light (for example Fenix TA30) behind it. Even larger lights ( for example Maglite 2D with Terralux Ministar1 dropin or Maglite 4C with Malkoff P4) stand on the floor. I often varying my bedside lights...

Regards, Patric