Broken Nitecore EX R2?

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
i posted earlier about my broken nitecore ex r2, but it was removed. i'm not sure why. i bought a new exr2 last october, used it very lightly and very little and it's already not working. swapped out the battery and still no go.

any ideas of what could be wrong, it doesn't seem dirty or anything, i've maybe only carried it in my pocket a couple times.

when i put a fresh battery in there, i heard a little whining noise that went on for a second or two. after a few minutes, the head of the light became really warm but there was no light. i had to remove the head from the body in order for the head to cool down. this is very odd. does anyone know what might be going on with my light? thanks.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
sigh, i was afraid of that. is there a way to fix a shorted out light? do i have to send this light to nitecore to get it fixed? i wonder how much it'll cost to send it back to China. :thinking:

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone was wondering, it was kind of pricey to send the little guy back to China. :eek: $28.95 with insurance & tracking.

I guess one of the minuses of buying overseas.

primox1

Newly Enlightened
ouch...that hurts. sorry to hear.
you couldnt get any customer service from where you purchased the light?

i've been running my ex Q5 every day since i first got it, and its been very reliable (except for the SS bezel breaking once). it was from the first batch that came out. its a great light....if it works correctly.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
ouch...that hurts. sorry to hear.
you couldnt get any customer service from where you purchased the light?

i've been running my ex Q5 every day since i first got it, and its been very reliable (except for the SS bezel breaking once). it was from the first batch that came out. its a great light....if it works correctly.

I purchased the light from 4Sevens and I just read in the nitecore thread that they had a falling out, so unfortunately, I couldn't get the Extreme fixed through 4Sevens. Lesson learned I suppose. I like the light which is why I shelled out the money to get it sent in for repairs, and i love my EX10 R2 so much that I have two. But I think the next couple of future lights I purchase will be US made: Surefire, RA Twisty or Malkoff. It'll just be easier to handle if and when I have to send them back for repair work.