Recommendations

kaseri

Enlightened
I just got my first quality flashlight. A 6p to be exact. I've been bit by the bug as many of you have and I'm ready to buy a second SureFire. I was going to buy a KL3 conversion and an M2 Centurion but I'm not sure.

Any recommendations?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I'd go for E2e or L4...M2 won't be that much different from your 6P and it wouldn't be worth the money. If you REALLY want the M2 I'd go for the C2 instead.

kaseri

Enlightened
E2e is approx the same size as my 6p and it has slightly less power. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe an L1 or an L4.

Any other suggestions ?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Actually the size difference between the E2e and 6P is significant for EDC. But yes, the L4 would be a better choice if you can afford it.

kaseri

Enlightened
I can't seem to locate any specs on the L4. Surefire.com doesn't have it listed. Anyone know where I can find the specs?

What about the L1? If you could choose between the L4 or L1 which would you choose?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
L4 is worth the money. Its a 5W Luxeon Star running 60 regulated lumens for 65 min, and then many hours after that running dimmer. It puts out more usable light than a E2e or 6P because of its flood and white light. The LED life is about 1000 hours. Also comes with Z57 clickie tailcap. Do a search in the LED forum and you'll find hundreds of posts about the L4, along with specs and pictures.