how about this p7

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
With You questions asked, I simply think:
it were better to get a P7, that is already mounted on a Star base.
That way You can deal with it way more easy.

does it really matter?:candle:
depends on YOUR taste, noone else can guess
;)

PS: try it, but get a Star mounted one

PPS: ... but that is just my actual thinking ...
skip the triple and use one of these SST 90 led instead.
Will work with the original reflector, much less contruction necessary, everything else (= electronics) being the same.
... unfortunatley high chance that it also comes without star base

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
D is the brightest bin of P7 available.
SXO is cool white sometimes referred to as pure white. It is similar to Lumileds X0, cree WC, ANSI 1A/1D tint bins. Most LED torches use this tint so nothing special. (At one time DX carried SYP which has a strong blue tint but you are not getting that) I would not worry about it.
SSCP4PureWhite.jpg

You are pulling 9 amps either way (3*P7 or 1*SST-90).
The stock Mag switch can only handle 6 amps reliably.
Wire has to be sized properly and de-rated for hot environments.

smokeychris

Newly Enlightened
@ yellow:
A star mouted p7 will not work because i got the tripple p7 kitt from der wichtel so a sst 90 is also out of the question. (for now!):p

@ledninja: thnx for the info. But wat do you mean by: Wire has to be sized properly and de-rated for hot environments? can i assume that you ment the right diameter for the current going trough the wire and that the wire cannot be to long? I have some sillicone heat ressistant wire that is +- 1 mm thick without insulation. Is this ok?

@fulgeo: is this wiring diagram good for der wichtels 5 mode driver deliverd in his kit and is it realy nesessary to do it this way? In other words will this diagram still give me the full power of the leds?

many thanks for any help!!

SMOKEYCHRIS

Last edited:

Fulgeo

Enlightened
@fulgeo: is this wiring diagram good for der wichtels 5 mode driver deliverd in his kit and is it realy nesessary to do it this way? In other words will this diagram still give me the full power of the leds?
SMOKEYCHRIS

I used a 3 mode shiningbeam 8 x AMC7135 driver to make my mode and it works well. There are many different ways to do a 3 X SSC P7. When I made mine I selected the circuit I posted because it seemed to be; easy on the stock Mag switch, reasonably reliable, inexpensive and efficient. Nothing wrong with Der Wichtels products. I have not purchase any of them but people seem to like them. If I had a Der Wichtel driver I would follow his wiring diagram and specifications. On my mod I do get full power to all the emitters.

smokeychris

Newly Enlightened
@ fulgeo:
I will stick to my driver in this kit, looks like i must gather some info how to mod the switch to take higher amps. But that is not a problem here!