Hot Pants!

grnamin

Enlightened
I put my Surefire L4 in my cargo pocket this morning and left for work. A few hours into my job I started to feel heat next to my left leg. Whoa! I forgot to lock out the L4. It was on for enough time to get really hot. I quickly took it out and tried to grasp the bezel section. Too hot to hold! Serves me right for not locking out the tailcap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
fca8648a.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do we have a contender to B@rt?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I once forgot to LockOut my E2e and had the same experience during a meeting at work.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys got me all hot and bothered with this subject line. You probably don't remember the hot pants of the early 70s. I sure do!

Oh well, if you want to talk about flashlights -- yeah, my L4 did that to me too. It was the same sort of experience as a mosquito bite. I was vaguely aware that something unordinary was happening, but it took a few seconds to realize what it was.

Paul

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um,

Ok, try it with a 9P. Pretty hot too.

I remember hot pants, roller disco, the Farah Fawcett poster...mmmmm

wilkey

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hot pants...are those the ones with the butt cut out?
I remember roller disco, and everyone had a Fawcett poster in their bedroom...but I'm not sure exactly what "hot pants" are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
One of my ex's wears hotpants all the time during the summer... It was quite distracting.

Of course, "pants" to an American means something quite different to a Brit like myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Back on topic, anyone ever left an 8NX on for any length of time?

Al

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
but I'm not sure exactly what "hot pants" are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

These:
FUN9030.JPG
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, those are "Daisy Dukes", for hotpants think "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill!!" or the dancers on "Laugh-in". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Oh, so they're SHORTS...pants my ***. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I was thinking of those full-length pants with the butt cut out of them, not really, really short shorts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
V8, like these?

hotpants01.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hubba hubba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Her tailcap looks ok from here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Oh.....flashlights, must think about flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Dan

hyeTotum

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
V8, like these?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Yes they are.

...makes me wanna show her my clickie... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few days ago, I felt something quite hot in my back pocket.

While sitting, my Kroll activated my Mini-Mini-Mag w/R2H (low forward voltage), running on one lithium cell.

I was surprised how hot it was.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh... You should feel how hot an L4 gets when it's accidentally turned on... You won't need some hotpants to feel it burnin' a new hole...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif