UltraFire SST-50 P60 Drop In

recDNA

Flashaholic
Has anybody got one of these drop ins? I saw the ad over at batteryjunction. I'm curious if they're any good?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sst-led-upgrade-p60.html

Use only with 18650 or 17670 protected rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Please verify that battery fits host light. Due to the larger dimensions, 18650's MAY NOT FIT ALL LIGHTS.

This unit gets warm fast - we'd recommend being cautious using extended maximum output runs in a plastic bodied light.

Features:
  • 550 Emitter Lumens (about 450 OTF - tested)
  • 3.7-4.2V input voltage
  • Luminus SST-50 LED
  • Outer spring is removable for some fitments
  • Alumium textured/OP and Smooth reflectors included - thermally conductive bronze heatsink base
  • Bezel diameter: 26.5mm
  • Copper base diameter: 19mm
  • Height including support spring: 36.7mm
  • Height excluding support spring: 28.8mm

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm also interested in any feedback from any users of this drop-in. I'm awaiting arrival of my Nailbender SST-50 drop-in to stick in my Solarforce L2P, but I may buy one of these to try as well. I found this thread on MTBR that talks a bit about this drop in. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=578925

Hmm. Review is very positive but later down someone mentions MC-E outthrows it. That's not a good sign. If you do buy it it would be great to see beam shots of the Ultrafire next to the Nailnbender.

anonymoususer

Newly Enlightened
Whats the point in getting an UltraFire SST-50 for $60 when you can get a NailBender SST-50 for $65?

BeeMan458

Banned
tsask wrote:

BatteryJunction has a Ultra Fire 6P copy on sale for $20...

Thanks! Ordered one up today. With two day shipping and the CPF discount, it came out to $28.00. I should have lots of fun with this sucker Leggo'd to my Surefire adds.

:thumbsup:

Grey Wolf

Newly Enlightened
tsask wrote:

BatteryJunction has a Ultra Fire 6P copy on sale for $20...

Thanks! Ordered one up today. With two day shipping and the CPF discount, it came out to $28.00. I should have lots of fun with this sucker Leggo'd to my Surefire adds.

:thumbsup:
dealextreme.com sells the same (sku.10709 Ultrafire WF-502B) for $16.77 + free shipping