LED mod for Surefire E1e

notsofast

Enlightened
Searching for information I found an old sales thread from koala that looked to be an upgrade I would be interested in. Doesn't appear to be available any longer.

Does anyone do a LED mod for an E1e?....thanks.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured out some tower/heat sink dimensions, but never took it any farther to get some towers made. If I had a tower, I could assemble it into a working unit with driver and bare XP-G. Soldering to those tiny pads on the XP-G substrate is not going to give you the strongest driver hookup wire connection in the world, but there isn't much choice.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Searching for information I found an old sales thread from koala that looked to be an upgrade I would be interested in. Doesn't appear to be available any longer.

Does anyone do a LED mod for an E1e?....thanks.

Its called the "Room Sweeper"

notsofast

Enlightened
I saw the Room Sweeper for sale over in the marketplace. A bit too spend-y for me. I could buy some sweet Surefires for $300.

I took the head and tail off of my E2L and powered it with an AW imr 16340. I like the size.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a thread where somebody just took the P60 pill P7 from a DX type of drop-in and just put the pill loosely in the neck of the E1e with IMR 16340.

I cant recall where its at, but it is likely not good heat transfer.:grin2:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a dead Lumens Factory lamp for an E1 or E2, you probably could use that as a base for mod'ing into an LED tower.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Do a search on Optics HQ and or search for TLS Cree Q5 LED Conversion head. I am pretty sure that Surefire may sell a conversion head or you can keep your eyes peeled for a E1B Head over in the marketplace. I have only seen one or maybe two Koala Mods for sale so they are pretty rare/coveted but you should also keep your eye on the customs thread for any potential sales.

Another thing to consider is to check out the Malkoff sight and pick up a M30 Mod with the Valiant Concepts adapter head to allow the use of his mods to be used on any E Series SF Body, just make sure that you are using the correct voltages for each adapter. Thje M30's can go up to 5.5 volts so you should be safe on a RCR123 battery peaking at 4.2 volts.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I put an E1B head on my E1E and really like the setup alot. IMO the E1E knurled body is a better design & I like how it fits in my hand with the E1B head/E1E body combo. Now if only Surefire made an HAIII E1B head to match the E1E body :whistle:

wintermute76

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to find a mod as well. I picked up an old KL1 a few years back for my E1e. Either need to mod it or find a mod for the old incan head.
The KL1 and KX1 heads are a little long.