Need some help.....(surefire questions)

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I bought a Surefire Tapeswitch the cool one with that snaps onto a rail with the clicky thing, and a tail cap that it plugs into....... problem is I assumed (I know what happens when you assume, I just relearned this lesson) Problem is I didnt do the research first, and I thought it would work on my G2 well it doesn't. Has anyone modded one of these to work with a different light, or know what this cap may work with?

Here you can see the size difference.

tailcap3.jpg

Here you can kinda see what I'm working with....

tailcap2.jpg

tailcap.jpg

Sorry about the garbage pictures Ill try and grab some better ones in the morning.

The good news is I got it CHEAP. :grin2:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
That tailcap will only fit onto e-series bodied lights, I do not think there are any mods possible.

:(

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
crap...... I guess I should have also pointed out I'm on a budget.

Oh well guess Ill have to start saving for a new light. :D

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
Well I just took the tailcap apart..... While I'm saving I may just have to see what I can do about building a new tailcap or modding another one to work with this dang thing.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'd sell the UE07 on the marketplace...that should cover about half the cost of the tape switch you need (either the UM07 or XM07). If your not to worried about quality (but then again, if it's for a home defense light, I'd go with quality), you can get a cheaper second-name brand like this one here:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/tacstar-pressure-switch-end-caps-psec.html

Personally, I'd go with the XM07 since it also has a clicky in the back as well as the tape switch. With the tape switch only ones, you have to continuisly press the tape switch (somethnig you may not be able to do in a tense situation), but then again it acts as a dead man switch. Hope this helps, and let us know what you go with! Like to see a pic of yer set-up as well. Welcome to CPF, BTW. Just don't spend too much time here, or you'll end like dimerazorback :nana::thumbsup:

or me... :broke:

:crackup: