Solarforce Mastepeice Pro & Lighthound

looman

Enlightened
What is the opinion of this light as a thrower in terms of performance and build quality to the likes of Tiablo or DBS please

Also, How good and reliable are lighthound as a supplier.

Finally, do they offer CPF discount please.

Thanks

Looman

jenskh

Enlightened
The quality seems good, and the performance as a thrower is very good. It by far outperforms DBS, but it is also a significantly larger head (I have both). I do not think I have bought from Lighthound. There are also other sources (I have bought from two of them).

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo and Solarforce can be found on Ebay
DBS can be ordered direct from DBS

I would go for a Tiablo or DBS with the aspheric lens if it is throw
your after.

Lighthound ..... first rate dealer :thumbsup:

357mag1

Enlightened
I have both and would rate the Pro-1 quality at least as good as the DBS. It is single mode and you can buy the DBS as single or 3 mode. As stated above the Pro-1 easily out throws the DBS. It comes close to the DBS aspheric for throw and is much more useful with plenty of spill.

I don't have a Tiablo but it comes with a multi-mode switch and a single mode switch. I understand it has much higher output with the single mode switch installed.

bspofford

Enlightened
Lighthound is the best. I buy from a lot of e-tailers, and many make mistakes with orders or package items poorly. Lighthound has good prices, they have never made a mistake on any of my many orders with them, they package their products well, and I usually get shipments in a couple of days. I wish all e-tailers ran such a tight ship!:twothumbs

jenskh

Enlightened
One disadvantage for us non US citizens is that Lighthound only seems to offer free shipping inside US. I have bought Solarforce lights several times from an e-bay seller that offers international free shipping (and no tax ;-)) and have very good experience with that.

rice rocket

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Masterpiece Pro-1 from sbflashlights.com last night. Comes with a free L2P host. Paid a little more, but they actually have L2P's in stock. :) Jake@sbflashlights is really responsive too, you can usually find him on AOL IM.

Here's a review that someone here did, if you're comparing it to the DBS.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/261152

Reason I selected it over the Tiablo and the DBS is because of the versatility of the L2P host; it uses all P60 stuff, so you can swap tailcaps, heads, drop-ins, etc w/ the other P60 stuff on the market.