Ordered a Arc 6 Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Hey Everyone, this is my first post here and I hope I did not make a big mistake already. I ordered a Arc 6 yesterday and then I read all the posts about people not getting there lights. I also read that they were going bankrupt. I called and talked to a girl before I knew any of this just to make sure it was in stock and she said yes and it will ship tomorrow. This is my first good light or should I say the most I ever spent on a light. I read a lot of good things also about this light and the AAA light they make and was sold when I saw the features. I would like to here some good news that everyone is getting there lights now or are you avoiding them now because of all the bad press. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, I put it on my credit card so I am not to worried about getting ripped off but I would sooner have the light. Thanks

carrot

Flashaholic
I hope you get your light and I think you will find it to your liking. It is very nice and definitely among my favorites.

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm not aware of any current discussion of Arc being bankrupt on this board. Perhaps you may have seen something from a few years ago, regarding such proceedings back then. If you are aware of any such current reference, whether here or elsewhere, a link would be appreciated.

keriya

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, Per-Sev! :welcome:
The Arc6 is one of my favorite flashlights and my current EDC. I like the simple and straightforward UI, the small size and the perfect finish of the light. Mine is programmed to light level 1 on stage 1, level 2 on stage 2 and level 5 on the virtual stage 3.
Did you order the non-guarded sleeve or the guarded sleeve? I have both and tend to prefer the guarded sleeve because it makes the momentary-on push action easier.
I'm sure you will be very happy with your new light!

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone, this is my first post here and I hope I did not make a big mistake already. I ordered a Arc 6 yesterday and then I read all the posts about people not getting there lights. I also read that they were going bankrupt. I called and talked to a girl before I knew any of this just to make sure it was in stock and she said yes and it will ship tomorrow. This is my first good light or should I say the most I ever spent on a light. I read a lot of good things also about this light and the AAA light they make and was sold when I saw the features. I would like to here some good news that everyone is getting there lights now or are you avoiding them now because of all the bad press. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, I put it on my credit card so I am not to worried about getting ripped off but I would sooner have the light. Thanks

I'm not sold on Arc6. Offers way less than current RAclicky lights and costs more.
Less output levels to choose from.
Less emitter options.
No guaranteed tint option, no high CRI option.
The + contact does NOT offer any dumping spring (I use my RaClicky custom 170 on my Glock G21 handgun happily ;) )

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I'm not aware of any current discussion of Arc being bankrupt on this board. Perhaps you may have seen something from a few years ago, regarding such proceedings back then. If you are aware of any such current reference, whether here or elsewhere, a link would be appreciated.
You are right it was a old post on here that said they were filing for bankruptcy, I guess they are still here or I have a problem. LOL

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, Per-Sev! :welcome:
The Arc6 is one of my favorite flashlights and my current EDC. I like the simple and straightforward UI, the small size and the perfect finish of the light. Mine is programmed to light level 1 on stage 1, level 2 on stage 2 and level 5 on the virtual stage 3.
Did you order the non-guarded sleeve or the guarded sleeve? I have both and tend to prefer the guarded sleeve because it makes the momentary-on push action easier.
I'm sure you will be very happy with your new light!
Thanks, I ordered the guarded because I wanted the pocket clip and I wanted the push button to be recessed so the light would not come on in my pocket as easy.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forums.

What a brilliant first purchase! It's taken me several years of longing from afar, before stumping up the cash for one of these beauts (The Christmas sale helped).

I've only had a working one for less than a day before it developed a problem, but they're sending me a new one. I'm sure that will be fine.

Are you in the US? I think my distance from them has been the major cause of my delays and longevity of waiting. I wish I could just pop round there and see them if any problem arises - oh well.

Enjoy your purchase - I suspect you will like it.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I'm not sold on Arc6. Offers way less than current RAclicky lights and costs more.
Less output levels to choose from.
Less emitter options.
No guaranteed tint option, no high CRI option.
The + contact does NOT offer any dumping spring (I use my RaClicky custom 170 on my Glock G21 handgun happily ;) )

I can not say at this point if the light is worth the $200 I paid for it but it seems to have some owner loyalty, the tint option does not worry me they say that they hand pick everything so I am sure it will be a good one. They also offered a charger with 4 3.7 volt cells and it comes with a power supply for your home and car for a extra $28.95. I have never had rechargeable batteries before and since this was made to go with the light I knew I would be safe with it. As for the dump spring my Glock 26 does not have a taticial rail so I won't be mounting it on my gun and if you carry concealed like I do then I don't think I would want the extra weight and bulk down my pants, there's not enough room as it is. :D

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Welcome to the forums.

What a brilliant first purchase! It's taken me several years of longing from afar, before stumping up the cash for one of these beauts (The Christmas sale helped).

I've only had a working one for less than a day before it developed a problem, but they're sending me a new one. I'm sure that will be fine.

Are you in the US? I think my distance from them has been the major cause of my delays and longevity of waiting. I wish I could just pop round there and see them if any problem arises - oh well.

Enjoy your purchase - I suspect you will like it.
Thanks, yea I live in the states. Sorry to here your light was bad what was wrong with it? I am happy to know that you did get your light with out any problems, I was a little worried about that after all the problems I read about after I ordered this light. I hope everything is cool with your replaced light.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concrats on your purchase! It is a great light. Fit and finish is suberb, UI is one of the best available.
I'm sure if you talked to someone everything will be fine! Let us know what you think!

Welcome to CPF!

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
Like some others, it took me a long time to finally take the plunge on an Arc6. I did so very recently, mid March. It did take about a week to arrive; including a few days between the shipping notice and actual shipping.

However, the wait was worth it! I've had Nitecores Smart PDs, and this is a vastly better light. This is how all Piston Drive lights should work.

I've also owned Ra Clicky and Novatac EDC. Neither lasted as my EDC because. They were too bulky for deep pocket carry, and I only ever used high and low-low. Ra are FANTASTIC lights, and in some ways you do get more bang for your buck, depending on what you want. I wanted a piston drive and two stage premium light. So, it was either Arc or McGizmo. :)

Enjoy you're Arc6, I promie you'll love it.

Both [email protected] (the light's designer) and [email protected] have always been responsive, friendly and helpful with questions (in my personal experience).

chef4850

Enlightened
I am really happy to hear that someone else has taken the plunge and "ordered" the ARc 6. I also ordered one back on march 19, 2010. Waited and waited and still waiting! It said that it shipped on the 26 of March and I have yet to recieve it. It says on the USPS site that they recieved the shipping notice but that was it. No further info? I called ARC after going back and fourth with them they "shipped" me a replacement light on the 5 of April with FEDEX and here I am on the 7 of April and still at the same point-no further info. FEDEX site says that they recieved the shipping notification and that it all. Still didn't ship?

I am starting to think I have been "duped". I have order lights from alot further away than Arizona and had it in a few days. This stinks I really want to get the light but at this moment not sure I will be getting anything! I hope that you get your light bud but I wouldn't hold your breath. :thumbsdow

Chef

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
I am really happy to hear that someone else has taken the plunge and "ordered" the ARc 6. I also ordered one back on march 19, 2010. Waited and waited and still waiting! It said that it shipped on the 26 of March and I have yet to recieve it. It says on the USPS site that they recieved the shipping notice but that was it. No further info? I called ARC after going back and fourth with them they "shipped" me a replacement light on the 5 of April with FEDEX and here I am on the 7 of April and still at the same point-no further info. FEDEX site says that they recieved the shipping notification and that it all. Still didn't ship?

I am starting to think I have been "duped". I have order lights from alot further away than Arizona and had it in a few days. This stinks I really want to get the light but at this moment not sure I will be getting anything! I hope that you get your light bud but I wouldn't hold your breath. :thumbsdow

Chef
Chef that is EXACTLY the same scenario I went through about 6 weeks ago. The ups ship notice the "we'll ship a replacement " phone call. I got a refund through PayPal 3/15/10. ARC never replied to PayPal when asked to provide their side of the story.

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Same thing with me, I even paid for 2 day air via fed ex. It took almost a month for me to get my light with tons of lies and excuses from arc. I have never been that angry ordering from a "repuatble company" before. Though it was very nice in fit and finish and had a perfect beam and tint when it arrived. I sold it. Seeing how bad there business is getting made me not want to be a part of it. :thumbsdow

I hope your experience is better!

chef4850

Enlightened
I really hope that this works out. I just do not understand what the problem is?

I place the order - said company recieves my order - they pack and ship my order - I "hopefully" recieve my order. It is just that simple (if the item is in stock).

That being said the way things are turning out I really do not think the first order was even shipped. I am not sure but I feel that these are all "lies" and they do not even have the lights they just want the money OR _ OR they are building the lights as they get the order and that is what is taking so long - yeh that must be it! Yeh right!!! :shakehead

Chef

Per-Sev

Enlightened
To save space I will thank everyone here for the warm welcome, I am now very worried after reading some of your current problems with ARC shipping out there lights and saying they did its hard to believe that many lights get lost in shipping unless the people that they are shipping through know what a great light this is and are helping them selves to your lights or someone is just plain lying to you. It makes no sense to me because unless you send a check or money order you can get your money back so there not really making money doing this, at this point I will be not sleeping very well till I see that Fed-X truck pull up outside my house. If something happens that I don't get this light I will order one from someone here that has a good reputation I have already seen quite a few lights that would fit the bill nicely. I will end up spending more because I will probably go with titanium light this time I have my eye on a McGizmo Haiku next so maybe it won't be such a bad thing if I never get the ARC 6 I just don't need the hassle right now and that light came with everything I needed also. Time will tell. Thanks Everyone

SFfanman

Enlightened

Chef

I am in the same boat here. :scowl: Maybe run4JC will chime in also as I know he is waiting for his too. As far as me, I purchased one on the 20th of March and they did to me the exact same as you ON THE SAME DATES. Last I heard, FedeX was to ship it out on the 5th and I were to receive it today, but as it were, tracking number shows it never left the premise. Wish I would have caught all the problem threads first. Don't know if I'll ever receive the light.

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, I received my shipping notification about 48 hous after I placed my order. An additional two days later USPS received the shipment, and it was in my mailbox 3 days after that.

Arc did ship the wrong sleeve. I contacted Peter and Maria and had the correct sleeve within about 2 weeks or so, with a prepaid return envelope for the wrong sleeve. The first replacement sleeve never arrived… I had a tracking number that FedEx could never validate. Maria sent a second replacement which is the one that arrived 3 days after we discussed the missing FedEx package.

I've also recently ordered and received an Arc AAA Titanium in a much more timely manner.

I really think there may be some issues with Arc's shipping department, but ultimately everything was sorted out within 3 weeks from my date of order. A bit long, but the quality and functionality ofthe light quickly dispersed my annoyance.

So, as I said above in my prior post, great light and great service from Peter and Maria, even counting some hiccups with their shipping staff.

chef4850

Enlightened
So i just got off the phone with the lady at ARC and was told that the second light was droped off at FEDEX yesterday and I should be getting the light "in a few days". I am sorry but I just do not believe it for some reason.
OH! Thats because FEDEX currently does not have the package either!

Is it just me? I recieve several shipped packages weekly (not all lights but I wish they were) and I have never had an issue with a package getting "lost" or "no record of the package" from any shipping company what so ever.

Is this a "common" occurance for anyone else? Just never had it happen before.

Chef

Status
Not open for further replies.