new everled's in 30 days

BillG

Newly Enlightened
new everled\'s in 30 days

the new everleds will have reverse polarity protection in them....should arrive in about 30 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
Re: new everled\'s in 30 days

I still don't "get" how everleds and dat2zip and others can pack that circuitry into such a small space. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened

Great product, and it's getting even better?! Suh-weet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

The white and cyan EverLEDs I got are very nice. The cyan found home in a 3D mag, and the white is in a 2AA stainless EverActive w/faceted reflector, which I like a bit better than the 4AA responder I bought for it.
I may have to go ahead and get the rest of the colors.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any change in the low-voltage cutoff or efficiency with the new polarity protection? (I mean, probably worth it, but still, good to know)

Oh, and BTW I discovered that the Sears Craftsman Tool Lights, the aluminum ones in 2D or 3D size, have a bulb holder similar to the Dorcy Cool Blue / Our Best Aluminum. So, the 3D one makes an IDEAL home for an EverLED in terms of heat-sinking. Unexpected bonus is that the smooth reflector makes a near-perfect beam in the spot setting.

DaveT

Enlightened

BillG - to get the new polarity-protected ones, are you ordering direct from everled, or is that when most dealers should be getting them in? Any way to tell prior to ordering which ones you'll be getting? (Everleds are on my ever-growing "to buy" list).
Thanks
Dave

BillG

Newly Enlightened

bright guy says no more everleds till sept.1, so i GUESS that means he will have the new ones then....he's not selling anymore of the old ones

DaveT

Enlightened

I guess that tells me WHEN I'll be adding them to my collection. Thanks for checking into it and sharing the info.
Dave

Wylie

Enlightened

Thanks BillG
This is the first I have heard of the new EverLeds and the marketability just doubled with the polarity protection. I did have a strange problem with an EverLed in an advanced production based flashlight I was testing. The EverLeds inductive nature smoked a multi function flashlight I was testing it in. I think a relay got zapped. Go figure it was the only sample we had in the states. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

soloco

Enlightened

that's good. i killed 2 everleds so far. i'm still waiting on my second replacement. i guess i'll wait until september for a new one.

Wylie

Enlightened

I've been lucky enough to be able to keep the two white ones I bought alive. I was more afraid of killing my EverLed then the flashlight to tell the truth but this will be one flashlight that will not work with the EverLeds. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.