New guy ? M952

mjb03bolt

Newly Enlightened
I want to change the pressure switch on my M952 to either a toggle or push button endcap. I did a search a couple of days ago and found some info but apparently today my search karma is bad and I can't find it. I remember reading about some kind of adapter SW01, endcap Z49, Z58 but can't recall the whole thing. Any info or recommendations is appreciated.
Mark

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mark,

I too have a M952. You can get any surefire tailcap (except the e-series ones) for the M952.

There are a lot of options out there. You can get the Z48 or Z58 depending on your preference. The Z48 has a protective rubber shroud to help reduce accidental activation. The Z58 is the same type of switch but no protective shroud. they are both clicky switches. They have a momentary on when you first press the button, but push more and it will click and stay constant on.

The best set up is the XM07 tailcap since the M952 is a weaponlight. The XM tailcap has a similar clicky activation switch. It also has a plug in port for a remote pressure tape switch. They are usually 7 inches long. The SR07 is another remote tape switch with both pressure and constant on all in one tape.

There is no adapter needed. you just unscrew your stock switch and screw on which ever you want.

If you are interested I can trade you a Z48 for your original pressure switch.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF :welcome:

The original clickie switch from the Millennium Universal WeaponLight Series was the SW02 "Charlie" switch. This has the shroud and the same clickie mechanism of the Z48. The SW02 can be difficult to get hold of though.

mjb03bolt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome and the info. The M952 I have is installed on a AR and with the rails I have it would be much more functional with the clickie switch. I appreciate the trade offer but you can ask my wife I never get rid of anything ! I will keep the tape switch " just in case ". Thanks again for the info, it gives me a place to start looking and explore my options a little more. Great site, I've learned alot in the last week.
Mark