Nitecore D10 vs D10 Tribute Edition (how low)

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
The D10 would be my perfect light if the low went as low as my Titan. I find the lowest setting on my first gen D10 too bright. The new Tribute edition has a 3 lumen low and I am curious if anyone has compared the 2 side by side and if it is significantly lower or about the same as the old one. If it went dim enough on low, I would get one and it would me my last light for a long time.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Yeah... a couple years ago it was pretty low but with the introduction of the Titan and Quarks, it's not that low anymore! I wish I had 0.2 lumens on my D10...

Link Archer VI

Newly Enlightened
I have a D10 R2 (original ramping UI) and the Tribute Edition, and can confirm they have exactly the same brightness on the lowest setting.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
I have a D10 R2 (older XRE) and a new XPE R2 (ramping UI), and it seems the XPE is about twice lower.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
so maybe twice as low as my original first gen d10? That just might do it ;-)

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
As said before I think they are the same but I will check tonight - I have the original gen1 and I recently received the Tribute for a backup. I only have one 14500 Li-ion battery, so that will be an estimate, but I will test them concurrently with eneloops.

LedTed

Enlightened
I have done a photometric comparison the NiteCore D10 SP and Tribute edition FLs; both with R2 emitters.

A reading was taken for each data point, at a one (1) meter distance, measuring the "hot spot", using a calibrated light meter.

SP
Lo = 31 Lux
HI = 2010 Lux

Trib
Lo = 9.6 Lux
HI = 1810 Lux

Hope this helps,

LedTed

Enlightened
I believe that both the NiteCore D10 SP and the Tribute edition use the XP-E R2 emitter in "outdoor white".

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! That helps. It is a bit lower, I like it. I sure like the way the button press feels on my old D10 compared to this Tribute edition though.

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
so the tributes are stiffer than the originals? I don't mind it now, the thing will never activate accidentally xD

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I must say, I rather enjoyed the originals button, how it had very little travel and is easy to push. Reminded me of a mouse click or the buttons on my car stereo. This Tribute is stiffer and has a slightly longer travel in the piston, I actually had some thumb fatigue the first night I got this home! I will get used to it, especially when I locate a trit vial to put in the slot!