Is there an LED drop-in for the Surefire weaponlight

HIDblue

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there's an LED drop-in lamp available for the Surefire M910 series vertical weaponlights?

The original Surefire lamp that comes with it is a Surefire MN10 incan lamp module that spits out 125 lumens, but emits a very yellow (warm) beam and gets very hot very quickly as most of the Surefire incans do. The light runs off 3 primary 123's.

Thanks for the help. :thinking:

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
Here is Daves(nailbender) response!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpkav
Hi, do any of your drop-ins fit the M900a vertical weaponlight? 3xcr123??

Thanks
Mike

HI Mike

I become somewhat limited when we get to 9 volts compared to 6 volts. They needed the 9 volts to run the M21.
My D36 M3 replacement modules should fit fine. The bezel has to be removed and existing reflector removed and this module replaced.

I have a single level XPG r5 that will give about 315 to 325 lumens that will take that voltage.

That is probably the best one with out going to a dummy cell and using 6 volt drivers. If that is done OTF lumens can be increased by about 200 lumen but of course runtime is reduced.

The R5 XPG one level is $35 and if you don't want to take the lamp head apart you can send and I charge $20 including shipping back to remove bezel and install module.

thanks

Dave

Last edited:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I would check with Nailbender. I'm going to get a couple of red led drop-ins from him for my weapon-mounted 6P's.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I'm curious as to why you would go with red. Is it for night vision? Are you using a red dot?

My 6P's are weapon mounted for night hunting (hogs), that is their primary function. By using red, I can avoid using filters and get more usable light.

Nailbender has some nice white drop-ins too. I picked one up a month or so ago at the DFW Flashapalooza.