!! Military Truck?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the size of this freakin beast I just spotted out my office window!!

I had to take a pic, as it is HUGE and looks FREAKISH!!:eek:

If the zombies come....THIS is the truck I want!:devil:

003-60.jpg

004-50.jpg

005-58.jpg

006-44.jpg

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTF!! Military Truck?

They call it the MRAP

It can run over mines and IEDs without blowing up. I crawled into one in Afghanistan, not very roomy but the sort of ride I want to be in if the bullets and bombs start flying. The days of the hummers are very short...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

They call it the MRAP

It can run over mines and IEDs without blowing up. I crawled into one in Afghanistan, not very roomy but the sort of ride I want to be in if the bullets and bombs start flying. The days of the hummers are very short...

Thanks for the info!!!:wave:

That thing is MONSTEROUS!!!!!!:eek:

5.0Trunk

Enlightened

I have seen a few here in Maryland being transported somewhere.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see all sorts of military vehicles being hauled on my trips to TX on I 40 and I 30.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Those are OSHKOSH Trucks, built very close to me.
http://www.oshkoshdefense.com/defense/products~matv~home.cfm

I live in the 'sticks' and the other day I saw some sort of crazy OSHKOSH transport rig in driveway of trucker ready to haul it.
Never seen anything like it before,..pulled out of some sci-fi movie<<<:devil:

It was so out of place in this guys' driveway, you had to see it to believe it!!!

~ There was recent confirmation of a large military contract awarded to OSHKOSH

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened

YEAH...MRAP...Mine Resistant Ambush Protected..... V- hull body to direct undercarage blast outwards and up.....ceiling suspended websling seating......but if they can take out an M1 Heavy- they can take out about anything they want with either large enough TM or shaped charge IED- still far better than an up armored humvee tho.....:eek:

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened

YEAH...MRAP...Mine Resistant Ambush Protected..... V- hull body to direct undercarage blast outwards and up.....ceiling suspended websling seating......but if they can take out an M1 Heavy- they can take out about anything they want with either large enough TM or shaped charge IED- still far better than an up armored humvee tho.....:eek:

:drool:Where can i get one?!? :cool:

wykeite

Newly Enlightened

Have a Google for the Buffalo MPV, it doesn't have doors-you climb up a ladder over the stern. It's like a 6 wheel battleship. 360 degree CCTV.

Have a look at the Jackal as well, I used to build and test drive these. A dedicated off road vehicle that will quite happily do 90mph unladen on the highway. I believe a US SF unit has some:sssh:.

Good to see the boys over there are getting some decent kit at last.

Illum

Flashaholic

nice pictures!
I was fortunate to ride along side a convoy on my last road trip to Atlanta...
3 Humvees carrying tubes on top of them [missiles?] and had their long lobster antennas tied down so that it resembles a rounded wing... followed by half a dozen duce and a half's towing potable water containers, it was an impressive sight but it was raining and visibility is horrible. if someone rode with me there'd be pictures:ohgeez:

I wonder why it was ground freight...it would have been much more convenient to use C-5s

CDP930

Newly Enlightened

The town I work in has had a BAE factory for some years and they just recently lost the contract to Oshkosh for those vehicles. Evidently they can make them cheaper than BAE (which owns Safailand, Defense Technoligies among many others). They made a few and have one on display along IH-10.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

These were all over the place the last time I was in Iraq...several of them had Hellfighters attached. My last few days I saw one being towed back onto the base...looks like it was hit by an IED...the motor was gone and glass was cracked, frag marks, burn marks, etc. The front was chewed up pretty bad. But, the hull was completely intact. IFAIK, there have been no IED casualties in these things since there inception. That armored hull really does it's job.

fyrstormer

Banned

I got to crawl all over one when I was on-base in CA a couple months ago. A truly redonkulous vehicle, but sometimes that's what you need.

I'll take mine with a Bushmaster autocannon and a minigun, thanks. :D

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it can give me a defense against red light cameras...I want one :sssh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax517

Newly Enlightened
Spartan Motors in Charlotte builds the chassis for the MRAPs and Demmer in Lansing did final assembly for General Dynamics. A lot of armor getting built on the 96 corridor.

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
How did no one notice that this thing was headed to Detroit?:poke:

It's the only thing that drives out of detroit after driving into detroit ;)

district_9-3.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The days of the hummers are very short...

Hummers are still ideal, doing what they were designed for, mobility. Just light enough to be air dropped (even by helicopter), they are meant for quick insertion/attack. Scouting, recon, field ambulance, etc. Not even originally equipped with doors, they were not meant to fend off close field explosives (eg entrenched conflicts).