Olight I20 or 4sevens quark 123 opinions?

Kalsu

Enlightened
I am looking to get an everyday carry light. I was looking at the Olight I20 and thought I had my mind made up. Then I ran across the 4sevens Quark 123 and the 123 tactical. Does anyone have any experience with these lights? Help me I am conflicted!!!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Olight T20 Tactical and a Quark 1 x 123 and 2 x AA, in the tactical format. While I haven't tried the Olight "I" series lights, if the I20 has the clicky that also puts you into strobe mode, I'd get the Quark 2xCR123 light. The plus in my opinion for the Quark tacticals is that you can set the two levels you want to use, and you don't have to worry about changing through unwanted levels. I've also found that I prefer the Quark beam profile to that of the Olight, which has a very bright sharply defined center spot. It's not bad, and throws well, but I just prefer the wider spot and smoother transition of the Quark beams.

Kalsu

Enlightened
I am pretty sure that on the Olight I20 the clicky switch will put the light in to strobe mode if you have the light on then you turn it off and on again within 3 seconds. If you depress again within 3 seconds it goes to the S.O.S. mode.

Is there any quality difference between the two? I do agree with liking the two modes that the Quark will memorize. I guess I am wondering about the difference between beam profiles and throw.

Kalsu

Enlightened
Does the Quark 123-2 R5 have a reverse clicky switch or a forward clicky switch? I think I like the regular quarky better because you have easier access to all modes the light has to offer, but what about the switch? I am use to using an Olight I25 that has (I believe) a forward clicky.

Also do the Quark lights flicker/flash momentarly when you turn them on?:shrug: