MicroMcLuxArc : R2H 1W running on 1 AAA

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I got one of ArcMania's incredibly small and cool micro converter boards and decided to do something with a headless Arc AAA that I was tired of using as a whistle:

parts.jpg

Light-on.jpg

I believe the MicroConverter is putting out around 150 mA to the LED but I could be off by a bit. I couldn't easily isolate the LED for a bench test due to the build sequence on this. The light gives off a great and completely even flood of white light. I had checked the Vf on the LED and this particular unit was very low at 3.03V for 350 mA.

I thought soldering Wayne Y's boards was a bit of a challenge but Mike Jordan (Arc Mania) brings a new meaning to small! Dang those components are small! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUDE. those are pretty pictures.
Arrrgh, i cannot resist anymore. I am going to rob you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
be afraid, be very afraid :p

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUDE. those are pretty pictures.
Arrrgh, i cannot resist anymore. I am going to rob you
be afraid, be very afraid :p

------------------------------

Muahahahahaha... If I don't get to Don first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That's one sweet, sleek, streak, spicy lookin' AAA...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Falcon, you can have the wings, but i got the speed. Now, i better start running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Once again, you have created a masterpiece.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hoo Boy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

daz

Newly Enlightened
WOW you are a genius.Where do you get your inspirations from?As JonSidneyB said where is the pre-order line??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. a whistle that lights up!

Great work as usual Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Glow Bug

Enlightened
That is the ULTIMATE keychain flashlight!

Don, Is the light of the regular Arc in the photo being absorbed by the other one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How long can you run it before it heats up too much to safely use?

Raindrop

Enlightened
Don,
I hope this is one of those little mods that you can contract out the parts and have available in the "shoppe". Then I would just have to have a modder put it together. OR wait, could this work into another "McModule" type joint project?????

As always an amazing bit of work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

~Greg

rodfran

Enlightened
Hi Don, A really cool little light. Let us know if you start making these babies. I want one! Hey, just think about it. If I have a mini-flashlight collection, I can collect more, and they are so much easier to hide!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxeroid?! Sounds like something that you'd need a medicated cream for... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Very nice little light. Any plans to do a limited run?
Is the head Al or stainless?

Jon