Extra flashlight?

Darell

Flashaholic
I just had to share this, since I'm *still* laughing about it.

There we were, packing for a week's camping trip. We were just about all loaded up when my wife ducks into the office to ask, and I quote: "Did you put in an extra flashlight that I can use?"

Seriously. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. My flashlight bag was bigger than the cooler we were taking that holds all our food for a week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

An extra flashlight. < sniff > Ooooh! That's rich.

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
I just had to share this, since I'm *still* laughing about it.

There we were, packing for a week's camping trip. We were just about all loaded up when my wife ducks into the office to ask, and I quote: "Did you put in an extra flashlight that I can use?"

Seriously. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. My flashlight bag was bigger than the cooler we were taking that holds all our food for a week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

An extra flashlight. < sniff > Ooooh! That's rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darell I'm laughing with you.......that's hilarious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
did you verify that this was actually your wife?

you'd think she would get the idea by now...

very funny story though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Good point. I never really looked at her, just sort of assumed it was her by the voice. She's said some crazy stuff before though. Like "Don't you already have a flashlight?" And "Why would you get a bigger one when you already have a small one?" (Nobody needs to touch that one).

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
"Why would you get a bigger one when you already have a small one?" (Nobody needs to touch that one).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I don't think any of us will "touch that one"; that's your wife's job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Answer question is D-man:

Did you pack a flashlight that SHE could use?

Just because you had fifty of them for yourself, doesn't mean that you would let her use one of yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i usually pack a 2d rayovac for other people to use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

a while ago, my dad was working on his car, and he asked for a light. i whipped out my e2e and handed it to him. he turned it on and was checking out the engine. i said "hold on, i'm going to get a better light for this" and i went to grab a plastic 2d from the kitchen.
as i took my e2e back and handed him the plastic thing, he gave me such a look of evil and hatred that i could only laugh.
it's funny, they care nothing about flashlights, but when they have to use a crappy one rather than a nice one, they tend to get upset.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Silviron said:
Just because you had fifty of them for yourself, doesn't mean that you would let her use one of yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, ya got me there. After I caught her using an E2e for reading our daughter her bed-time stories in a hotel last year, I've realized that I can't really trust her. :)

The pathetic part is that she "owns" several very nice lights. She just never knows where they are when she needs one... thus her question.

And I totally agree that folks just love to make fun of us when we're "buying *another* light" but leave them in the dark sometime, and just see who they run to first.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

you'd think she would get the idea by now...

very funny story though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Darell, did you go into the backyard and check for "pods". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

arioch

Enlightened
I work for a contract security company. My old post had a crew of 12, all of whom knew about my flashlight collection. One day a couple of years ago, our company's operations manager flew in from Oahu (I live on Maui) to conduct a meeting on commmunication skills/safety operations. During the meeting, he stresses the importance of having a good working flashlight as an important piece of equipment in our line of work. Suddenly, he pointed at me and asks,"Do you own a flashlight?" Everyone in the meeting started to snicker and laugh. The local manager, who was a classmate of mine, left the meeting and went outside to LOL. I replied, trying to keep a straight face,"Um, yes ... a few". The ops manager asked the local manager later what was so d@mn funny about what he said, and was filled in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To paraphrase the Fresh Prince,"some people just don't understand".

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
why didn't you whip out one of your brightest edc's and blast him in the face? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

very good story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir said: ...when they have to use a crappy one rather than a nice one, they tend to get upset.

After our recent storm, my wife grabbed a $3 flashlight we had from before I got on CPF...I went outside with my PT Surge.

As we both lit up areas to inspect, she said "Can I use yours? Mine is worthless!". Of course I let her have the Surge and I went to grab the UK 4AA AS2 (my personal favorite for a bright light but not AS BRIGHT as the Surge). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
arioch said:
our company's operations manager flew in from Oahu (I live on Maui)....

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this was a great story, and all. But I after I read "I live in Maui" all I heard was ukulele music and the crash of the surf...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "flashlight bank", "flashlight donor", "flash-fetish", and the "flasher"... Quite frankly, I prefer being called the latter...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I went to Kings Canyon last week with no less than 30 flashlights, for a group of 7... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

What's even more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif is that everybody at least had a small LED, a 1W LS, and a 5W LS or an SF incandescent... Everybody else camped around us thought we all escaped from an insane asylum...

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Everybody else camped around us thought we all escaped from an insane asylum...

[/ QUOTE ]Oh man... I shut the entire camp ground up when I blasted my 5W turquoise turbo at the top of the tallest tree around. Then... "oooh, what's that? shhhhh... that's crazy!" Too much fun.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn! That's what I forgot! I should've brought a cyan 5Wer... It would've made the campers around us go bonkers as well...