Fitorch        

Thread: Extra flashlight?

Default Extra flashlight?

I just had to share this, since I'm *still* laughing about it.

There we were, packing for a week's camping trip. We were just about all loaded up when my wife ducks into the office to ask, and I quote: "Did you put in an extra flashlight that I can use?"

Seriously. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. My flashlight bag was bigger than the cooler we were taking that holds all our food for a week. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

An extra flashlight. < sniff > Ooooh! That's rich.

Silver Moderator

Default Re: Extra flashlight?

Hello Darell,

Don't forget the extra solar panels to charge the batteries for the extra flashlights...

Tom

Man, with Lithiums so darn cheap now, it is tough to justify rechargeables... except from the renewability standpoint.

[ QUOTE ]
    Darell said:
    I just had to share this, since I'm *still* laughing about it.

There we were, packing for a week's camping trip. We were just about all loaded up when my wife ducks into the office to ask, and I quote: "Did you put in an extra flashlight that I can use?"

Seriously. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. My flashlight bag was bigger than the cooler we were taking that holds all our food for a week. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

An extra flashlight. < sniff > Ooooh! That's rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darell I'm laughing with you.......that's hilarious [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I don't believe any one would ask for a spare torch with that bag!

But all of them are necessary, even if you don't use them!

did you verify that this was actually your wife?

you'd think she would get the idea by now...

very funny story though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmm. Good point. I never really looked at her, just sort of assumed it was her by the voice. She's said some crazy stuff before though. Like "Don't you already have a flashlight?" And "Why would you get a bigger one when you already have a small one?" (Nobody needs to touch that one).

[ QUOTE ]
    Darell said:
    "Why would you get a bigger one when you already have a small one?" (Nobody needs to touch that one).

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, I don't think any of us will "touch that one"; that's your wife's job. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Answer question is D-man:

Did you pack a flashlight that SHE could use?

Just because you had fifty of them for yourself, doesn't mean that you would let her use one of yours. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i usually pack a 2d rayovac for other people to use. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

a while ago, my dad was working on his car, and he asked for a light. i whipped out my e2e and handed it to him. he turned it on and was checking out the engine. i said "hold on, i'm going to get a better light for this" and i went to grab a plastic 2d from the kitchen.
    as i took my e2e back and handed him the plastic thing, he gave me such a look of evil and hatred that i could only laugh.
    it's funny, they care nothing about flashlights, but when they have to use a crappy one rather than a nice one, they tend to get upset.

[ QUOTE ]
    Silviron said:
    Just because you had fifty of them for yourself, doesn't mean that you would let her use one of yours. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, ya got me there. After I caught her using an E2e for reading our daughter her bed-time stories in a hotel last year, I've realized that I can't really trust her. :-)

The pathetic part is that she "owns" several very nice lights. She just never knows where they are when she needs one... thus her question.

And I totally agree that folks just love to make fun of us when we're "buying *another* light" but leave them in the dark sometime, and just see who they run to first.

[ QUOTE ]
    Rothrandir said:

you'd think she would get the idea by now...

very funny story though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Darell, did you go into the backyard and check for "pods". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dan

Flashaholic

I work for a contract security company. My old post had a crew of 12, all of whom knew about my flashlight collection. One day a couple of years ago, our company's operations manager flew in from Oahu (I live on Maui) to conduct a meeting on commmunication skills/safety operations. During the meeting, he stresses the importance of having a good working flashlight as an important piece of equipment in our line of work. Suddenly, he pointed at me and asks,"Do you own a flashlight?" Everyone in the meeting started to snicker and laugh. The local manager, who was a classmate of mine, left the meeting and went outside to LOL. I replied, trying to keep a straight face,"Um, yes ... a few". The ops manager asked the local manager later what was so d@mn funny about what he said, and was filled in. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

To paraphrase the Fresh Prince,"some people just don't understand".

why didn't you whip out one of your brightest edc's and blast him in the face? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

very good story [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rothrandir said: ...when they have to use a crappy one rather than a nice one, they tend to get upset.

After our recent storm, my wife grabbed a $3 flashlight we had from before I got on CPF...I went outside with my PT Surge.

As we both lit up areas to inspect, she said "Can I use yours? Mine is worthless!". Of course I let her have the Surge and I went to grab the UK 4AA AS2 (my personal favorite for a bright light but not AS BRIGHT as the Surge). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    arioch said:
    our company's operations manager flew in from Oahu (I live on Maui)....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure this was a great story, and all. But I after I read "I live in Maui" all I heard was ukulele music and the crash of the surf...

The "flashlight bank", "flashlight donor", "flash-fetish", and the "flasher"... Quite frankly, I prefer being called the latter...
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

I went to Kings Canyon last week with no less than 30 flashlights, for a group of 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img]

What's even more [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img] is that everybody at least had a small LED, a 1W LS, and a 5W LS or an SF incandescent... Everybody else camped around us thought we all escaped from an insane asylum...

[ QUOTE ]
    FalconFX said:
    Everybody else camped around us thought we all escaped from an insane asylum...

[/ QUOTE ]Oh man... I shut the entire camp ground up when I blasted my 5W turquoise turbo at the top of the tallest tree around. Then... "oooh, what's that? shhhhh... that's crazy!" Too much fun.

Darn! That's what I forgot! I should've brought a cyan 5Wer... It would've made the campers around us go bonkers as well...

a friend of mine and his girlfriend are going caving on friday, and he just called me to ask if he could borrow some flashlights.
    he was very good about it though! he said "ok...do it...call me a hypocrit" and of course i did [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i'm not sure what i'm going to give him yet...i really don't want all my lights banged up..
    i think i'll mod him a cyan or royal blue one though...that should be pretty nice in the caves [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i've also noticed that when you're out at around 2am, doing various things to various trees, and take 5 flashlights with you, everyone grabs one and starts clicking it on and off in the car. if only they would come to terms with it as we have done... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]