Wife's comments on the L4...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Wife\'s comments on the L4...

I received my L4 from Dan at Tactical Warehouse yesterday.

Very nice...

My wife and I went out for dinner last night, and of course I brought the L4 along. She told me about her day, then I showed her the L4 and let her try it out. She said:

"Tom, this is not the sort of light you would expect to find in the glove box of a 1953 GMC. I would expect to find it in the glove box of a Range Rover."

I was thinking of a RipOff holster for it, but a Range Rover has possibilities. On the other hand, I could try to fit a Range Rover glove box in my GMC...

Tom

K-T

*Moderator*
Re: Wife\'s comments on the L4...

...no, wait, get a RipOff holster for the Range Rover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

...hmm, I guess you need a Range Rover, too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

avusblue

Enlightened

That's a green light if I ever heard one!

NRR_Photo_08_760x450.jpg

NRR_Photo_07_760x450.jpg

Ooh la la!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL, is your wife always this subtle? I would have trouble following her wants and desires if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or perhaps you're the type of guy who needs a freight train style hint!

LOL, thats really great.

K-T

*Moderator*

[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
(...)
Or perhaps you're the type of guy who needs a freight train style hint!
(...)

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif That must be it. I don't have any other explanation for this behaviour. Maybe she expects you to buy here a new car if you spend the money on lights like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

my wife actually LIKES the L4 and I almost had to defend my new jewel ... because itlooks "less military" ... hmpf.
bernhard

Screehopper

Enlightened

Instead of a Range Rover I'd want a Defender 110 with an array of offroading lights on the safari rack and brush bar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Things that husbands and wives do with L4's...

Oh get your minds out of the gutter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

My husband and I were driving through the back streets in the Nissan Murano. We have no street lights here so it's VERY dark at night! The Murano has xenon headlights... very cool! So anyway, he was driving and I was hanging out the window of the passenger side with my L4, lighting up the street signs and trying to see if I could see beyond the headlights on lowbeam with the L4... and I could!! WOW! ... and then I started shining it at people's windows as we drove by houses... it was LOTS of fun!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh boy. Now we have to start a bail fund for Sasha....

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Screehopper,

Why? A Jeep Rubicon'll do better and cost less. :)

-john

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

We went to the late show and saw the pirate movie, on the way home I turned on the L4 and shown it out the passenger window. We were on a dark road near our forest preserves, Well to our suprise I lit up a deer that was grazing on the side of the road. It scared the heck out of me and the girlfriend. It didn't bother the deer though.

We were in my gf 2002 Chevy Blazer four door, Heck I wish she owned a Range Rover but I doubt she would go out with me if she did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

No way would I buy a new Range Rover...Mk I Range Rover Vogue...maybe. Rather have a Series I or IIA Land Rover though, or a Lada Niva 1.7i Cossack...they are just fun.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

After a week with the L4 in the 53 GMC glove box, my wife is getting use to it. She still thinks the high tech L4 is a little out of place, but she loves it when I turn it on.

Tom

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guess it is time to get her one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tom,

Maybe your wife would feel more comfortable with the L4 if you took a file to it and scratched it up a bit . . . perhaps spill a little paint on it?

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello PaulW,

Just finished doing that. The L4 was used a lot during my engine transplant.

It is hard to scratch the finish and a quick dunk in the solvent tank takes care of most of the grease.

We were using the L4 while putting the hood back on and I got some very favorable responses from some non-flasoholics that think my hobby is a little strange.

Funny... since the L4 heats up a bit, we started referring to it as a "torch."

Tom

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tom,

Yeah. "Torch" is evidently a British term. I first encountered when I was a teenager. I thought at the time that it was a rather strange word for "flashlight." But when you hold an L4, it all makes sense . . . especially if you hold it for more than a few minutes.

Paul