Saddams boys are toast...

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Odai, Qusai Hussein are thought to have been in a house that was burned to the ground after a four-hour gunbattle in Northern Iraq.
I cant help but think of the scene in the movie Little Nicky (Adam Sandler flick) where the Devil has this pineapple and...

AlphaTea

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PercaDan said:
"Never count an enemy dead until you have seen the body.".....Or at least test the ashes for DNA, which will take a week.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]
Evidently fingerprints and a physical I.D. verification from the captured Ace of Diamonds was enough...

[ QUOTE ]
brite one said:
Too bad their father wasn't with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only 2 of 4 bodies I.D.'ed so far...Doubtful daddy was there, but we can hope!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I am still thinking Daddy's dead. I know, the audiotapes are presumed to be him but, I think if Saddam was alive he would have made a videotape to help rally his base of support. There is a 8mm video camera on every corner and yet no video, why?

robk

Enlightened
Murder is murder, even in war. They should have been captured, tried and maybe executed if found guilty. I feel is is wrong to have killed them because they were "evil". Actually, they would have been worth more to us alive. What really disgusts me is Bush's people are smiling from ear-to-ear, expecting a rise in their approval rating. Sort of reminds me of the revolting pictures of terrorist-sympathetic people dancing in the streets on 9/11.

When will the killing stop?

Rob

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Eloquent Rob. I agree completely. They should be tried in a fair criminal court where the evidence can be presented. The real evil that strikes at the heart of American values is the terrorist tribunals Bush has set up.

How's your E2e? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robk:

Four soldiers were wounded in what was described as a substantial firefight. Perhaps you can explain why you characterize this operation as "murder". Perhaps you can advise us how you would have conducted this operation without bloodshed.

robk

Enlightened
Michigan- 200 Special Ops troops with air support to get 4 guys. Wonder how much that cost.

Lemlux- It was a "decapitation" operation. No intent to capture anyone, just kill everyone in sight. I don't know what could have been done to lessen injuries to American troops.

Hawk- thanks. Love my E2e

I didn't mean to start a "war" here, just voice my opinion that we have no right to invade a country and asassinate the leaders just because we don't like how they treat their people. The US Gov't seems to now indicate the war was for a "regime change" since no WMDs were found. Does a regime change require murder?

Rob

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only even half of what those 2 sons did were true, then we've done the human race a great service by removing them from the face of Earth, if in fact those two were them...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Hawk, again dude...

It ain't WHAT you say. It's HOW you SAY it.

You sure know how to rub some of us the wrong way....

And Lux, I am one of the VERY VERY patient ones.... And glad them two ain't gonna do any more bad!

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
The death of the sons is just another step towards the final removal of any influence of the old regime. It certainly doesn't hurt the US position that two top leaders of the Saddam government are now dead.

If the ATF and FBI took alot of flak for letting the Branch Davidian compound in Waco burn down, I don't see how this is different. Well, except that in this case the fire was started by rockets from US helicopters... and of course, these were all bad-terrorist-foreigners whose rights we really don't care about, eh?

For the word-wise, the intention can be easily likened to the actions of Shakespeare's Richard III. Of course, I'm sure Qusay and Uday weren't so likeable.

PlayboyJoe: Indeed it's how you say it. Like AlphaTea's original post stated that the house was "burned to the ground" instead of "blown up by US scout helicopters." And funny how no one's mentioned that they found a body they think is Qusay's 14 year old son?

robk

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
If only even half of what those 2 sons did were true, then we've done the human race a great service by removing them from the face of Earth, if in fact those two were them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but this can be said of many, many people in this world. We cannot just wander around and kill them because we think they are bad guys. There would be no end to it. There must be laws, proper and fair trials, and appropriate punishment. Otherwise, we are all savages.
Rob

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Sasha:

I think it's about time the issue of racism in professional sports is raised! I mean, the Man is holding down the aspiring hopes of so many-

(j/k!)