I got a Jade Green 4D for my Birthday

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is an interesting color... a lot lighter than I expected from the marketing/retailer pictures I saw prior to buying one.

I've been saving a jade 3D for an eventual mod as well.

houtex

Enlightened
I've always thought of Mags as "beater" flashlights. This one is very looks very special to me. I don't want to cut it down or do anything to change it's looks. But what I do want is more light. A light this big should really but out some lumens. I'd like it to stay on the alkalines too if it can.

Chime in with ideas everybody.(by the way,I already own 2mags with the TLE-300,looking for something different)

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Houtex,

Check out http://www.malkoffdevices.com/

Gene Malkoff makes some very bright drop-ins, both for SureFires and Maglites. His products are very much in demand by the people here, and he has a somewhat limited production schedule, so you may have to wait awhile to be able to buy what you want on his site. You can click on the product you want, and if it is out of stock, you can 'sign up' to be automatically notified by e-mail when it is back in stock.

His products also come up for sale on the CPF marketplace.

You might also want to consider replacing the easily-scratched stock plastic lens with a quality 'UCL' or 'Borofloat' lens from a site such as lighthound.com, which will increase the efficiency of the light transmission out the front.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I too have a 3D in jade here I've never done anything with. I've already built a ROP with my 2D but I'd like to do a hotwire in this jade light. Don't know what I want yet. Maybe a mag85. It's a lovely color either way.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am tempted to get a 4D Jade as well as a 3D midnight blue available at http://www.action-lights.com/department-564/Maglite-Collectible.html
I have Midnight blue in 2AA and that's a very nice color.
About UCL lens for Maglite I have it to my Maglites with Malkoff dropins, and Malkoff also carry that one so if you get a Malkoff dropin to the 4D you can order it at the same time.
The UCL lens I find to provide a more brilliant light and it improves the total light output with a few percents.
One advantage also is that the glass lens doesn't attract dust like the plastic lens.

Regards, Patric

houtex

Enlightened
Would someone point me in the direction of a currently available,High powered,DROP-IN,(not terralux)? I know there are alot of modders out there but I just want a drop&go.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this 4D at Home Depot several years ago and I've never known which color it is. Is this jade?

4dMag.jpg