Scariest Dog Ever

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
At one of the dog shows we saw the French Mastiff/Bordeaux Bulldog, HUGE! I wanna say it was about a #125/ 56.8Kgs woofer. The one we came across was well trained...like all dogs, you find that favorite scratch spot they just crumble...it was funny on such a big dog. :)

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
scary-dog-ever-7.jpg

jugornot

Newly Enlightened
I live in a rural area known for drug and vandalism/thievery. I have 5 watchdogs which will let me know if anything is going on and 1 guard dog. They are in order of size from smallest to largest: a mini aussie, a sheltie, two collies and a large aussie. Then the big girl a great pyr. Her name is Storm, and if you are a fan of the X-men movies you would understand. She has pure white with big brown eyes and an adorable face. At only 100#s she is on the smaller side. But with her massive hair she looks like she could weigh 150 - 175. She keeps my property safe.

csa

Enlightened
Heh. They're always adorable when not making silly faces...

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I live in a rural area known for drug and vandalism/thievery. I have 5 watchdogs which will let me know if anything is going on and 1 guard dog. They are in order of size from smallest to largest: a mini aussie, a sheltie, two collies and a large aussie. Then the big girl a great pyr. Her name is Storm, and if you are a fan of the X-men movies you would understand. She has pure white with big brown eyes and an adorable face. At only 100#s she is on the smaller side. But with her massive hair she looks like she could weigh 150 - 175. She keeps my property safe.

That is one scary dog in the link.

Your Great Pryenees is small. I have friends with close to 200lb dogs.
One was playing with the wife & ran into her leg & broke it.
Big gentle dogs as long as they are ok with you around the family.
The friends dogs chew up the coyotes regularly.

Pound for pound an Aussie sheperd is nothing to mess with either (from an Aussie lover). Literally, just about the smartest dog in the world too.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nope, that's a dog with a myostatin gene knockout. They've done it to bulls and mice too.

Ahh, my biology degree is already coming in handy! :cool:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they "did" it to that dog, it was born that way, at least that's what the news said, and it happen to be a very friendly dog too.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any way you could put up a link to the story you saw? I'd love to read the story behind that unusual dog. I can tell he's a gentle dog by the look in his eyes...but if he decided he didn't like you...
hairraiser.gif

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't think they "did" it to that dog, it was born that way, at least that's what the news said, and it happen to be a very friendly dog too.

Yes, it could have been a naturally occurring mutation I suppose, but either way, that's what does that to the animal. Error in the gene that codes for myostatin, a regulatory protein that aids in cell differentiation and skeletal muscle development.

And they have "done" it to many animals. Google myostatin gene knockout to see pics of ripped mice and cattle.