Please help me find this flashlight

bloodandsoil

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I would like to hear some feedback on the best option that fits the following parameters:

1. Total length less than 8 centimeters
2. Key-chain ready (lanyard, or whatever)
3. Must take AAA or AA alkaline or lithium single battery. No 123A or other types allowed.
4. Dual output mode.
5. Less than $100.

Thank you so much for your advice! :twothumbs

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
ITP A3 should fit the bill, comes in a single mode or 3 mode. The quark mini should also meet your requirements although it is a 3 mode light. It is very easy to use though so I still recommend it. There are a number of other options, so it would help us if you tell us how much you want to spend and anything else that you might want in this light. How Bright? Clicky or twisty? Etc.

bloodandsoil

Newly Enlightened
I modified my original post. I actually need a dual output LED light. Thank you again.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
There aren't a ton of keychain AA or AAA lights that are dual mode, the only one I can think of is the leatherman serac which is supposed to be nice, but is outdated. I still think the ITP A3 EOS or quark mini AA would be best.

csa

Enlightened
The Quark mini is a great little light for the money. A step above the cheapies, but still not budget-busting.

bloodandsoil

Newly Enlightened
I lost my Dad's flashlight which was a Fenix. It was small and had an LED source. The front cap twisted for two output modes and off mode as well. It took a single AAA battery. I want to buy him a replacement, or even an upgrade, but it has to fit the same parameters as his old flashlight that I lost.

Ian2381

Enlightened
+1 for the ITP A3, get the Stainless steel or Titanium version. You'll also be happy with the Quark MiNi AA (double the runtime) there is also a titanium version.:wave:

a1penguin

Newly Enlightened
I don't particularly care for multimode lights with twisty. Changing modes requires two hands. I prefer the push button tail switches. The Quark AA is bright. The ITP lights get good reviews here.