Best Flashlight for under 70 Dollars

SpazMaster

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a Awesome LED Flashlight that takes AA's

I have a mini mag 2xAA

I was looking at the Fenix L2D

Please suggest some lights, I will use it for Indoor and Outdoor use, Brighter and More throw the better, Nice flood would be good too.

I know thats alot to ask for under 70$ But if you have suggestions lemme know :)

shortstack

Enlightened
Take a look at EagleTac, Quarks, Fenix, or Nitecore.
I like Eagletac's great UI's.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA2 turbo is 69$ if you use the 8% discount code at 4sevens. free shipping.

Larbo

Enlightened
At $69 before the discount the Quark 123x2 would be a great torch to start your obsession with lights:eek:

:welcome:

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a Awesome LED Flashlight that takes AA's

I have a mini mag 2xAA

I was looking at the Fenix L2D

Please suggest some lights, I will use it for Indoor and Outdoor use, Brighter and More throw the better, Nice flood would be good too.

I know thats alot to ask for under 70$ But if you have suggestions lemme know :)

Jetbeam Jet-III at Bugout Gear. Use the CPF discount and your right around $70. Sweet!

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will recommend the Dereelight Javelin. Ample throw, nice flood, and takes 2xAA batteries. Price I paid from the manufacturer website was $62.00.

Lisa

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say go for the LD20. It has a very usable mid-range throw pattern, usefully spaced modes, good efficiency, and mine has proven to be very reliable.

toolpig1

Enlightened
Fenix TK20 is one of my favorites for outdoor use with it's extremely warm tint. Takes 2AA, simple twist of the head for high-low, super rugged build, and rubber grip (nice for cold weather). I really like the size as far as how it feels to hold, but others may find this light to be a bit bulky.

smfranke

Newly Enlightened
2 Solarforce L2r lights with the low voltage 3 mode drop-ins.

Not the most rugged but not too flimsy either.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
AKOray; K-106 (AA) or K-109 (cr123a). I cant recommend them enough, they're great value for money imho! Only 1 thing to remember; get the 3 mode programmables!!!

And because they're so cheap you'll have some ca$h left to buy yourself a nice knife to go with you light :grin2:

recDNA

Flashaholic
The Javelin has more output than Quark so I'd recommend Javelin. It also takes P60 drop ins so you can update the pill as technology improves or simply have one drop in for throw and another for flood.

choombak

Enlightened
Your hard earned $$ will go alot farther if you buy used.
The used light market is on fire right now :thumbsup:.

+1. "Best" is very relative, and once you grab hold of one good flashlight, you are going to demand more. So I'd strongly recommend you browse the CFPMarketplace WTS forum for a week or so, and pick up something that interests you. Somewhere around $40 you should be able to get a great deal. Oh, and don't do a blind buy. Lookup the light, its reviews on CPF, its drawbacks, and once you are satisfied, make the deal.

I've found it to be more rewarding to purchase lights here from forum'ites, since it also builds trust, and helps make friends, which goes a long way in making future deals or selling stuff.

As for the answer to the original question: go for a Peak El Capitan in brass (yes, you heard that right, in brass), and that's the best investment I'd say.

And yes, :welcome: Enjoy your time here.

-Amarendra

Last edited:

joe1512

Enlightened
Ya know... for 70 bucks, you can get one of the brightest lights around.

The itp A6 Polestar. It takes SIX AA batteries, so may not be quite what you were thinking about. But its 80 bucks, minus 10% discount, with free shipping at goinggear and Im sure you can find other deals too.

Rated at 700 lumens, it is a very floody and powerful light with 3 modes. It really isn't all that big or heavy either. I was surprised. Got some for Father's Day upcoming.

-------------------

Another option is to use CR123 lights. You can get them for 1 dollar each online for the batteries and they are fairly standard (for digital cameras). A 2xCR123 light has a lot of power and is pretty small. (2xCR123 is about the same battery size as 1 and a half AAs)

I'd consider the itp series. An itp EOS A2 is a tiny light with 3 modes.

You can get one of their 2xAA lights that is bigger with infinite brightness adjustment and other cool features. itp is good quality at a reasonable price.

Really, there are lots of AA choices. I just wanted to offer some alternatives, as I don't want you to artifically limit yourself to 2xAA lights.

Latest posts