P7 how to clean lens

andersonEE

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I bought a P7 on a star from DX awhile back and had it sitting on a shelf collecting dust (I know...shame on me). How do I clean off the lens. The lens is not glass, it's kind of gummy and soft so I don't want to use any chemicals that would make it foggy or scratched. I could just run it under water, but I'm not sure if that would get inside and ruin it.

Any suggestions?

- Thanks

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Hi, I bought a P7 on a star from DX awhile back and had it sitting on a shelf collecting dust (I know...shame on me). How do I clean off the lens. The lens is not glass, it's kind of gummy and soft so I don't want to use any chemicals that would make it foggy or scratched. I could just run it under water, but I'm not sure if that would get inside and ruin it.

Any suggestions?

- Thanks

I want to say use a soft cloth or pad/tissue paper with rubbing alcohol... I've used that before but I can't remember if that was on a glass or silicon dome. I've got an MC-E I should clean up though so I'm interested to see the responses to this.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
The datasheet states:

This device should not be used in any type of fluid such as water, oil, organic solvent and etc. When washing is required, IPA(Isopropyl Alcohol) should be used.

I dunno about what kind of cloth/tissue should be used though.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I use antistatic lint free wipes & 99.9% isopropyl or denatured alcohol. Cotton swap will do the job just fine too.

Just be careful not to dislodge the lens, some are not too secure.

I've heard this but I've never had the dome fall off on any Seoul P4, P7, or P9 even pushing on it hard. I find Cree XR domes to be the ones that fall off easy.

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I use antistatic lint free wipes & 99.9% isopropyl or denatured alcohol. Cotton swap will do the job just fine too.

I've heard this but I've never had the dome fall off on any Seoul P4, P7, or P9 even pushing on it hard. I find Cree XR domes to be the ones that fall off easy.

Had it happen on an upgrade pill from Lumapower, q5 cree xr-e(?).
The adhesive was all over the top of the silicone dome and popped right off to a delicate wipe. New pill sent the next day.