Looking for 5mm white LED's

krautracer

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to purchase some 5mm white led's, to replace some in my Inova clip light.
I would like them to be bright and white.

Thanks

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to purchase some 5mm white led's, to replace some in my Inova clip light.
I would like them to be bright and white.

Thanks

How old is the light? do you know type of LEDs currently in it?
I have the following:
C503C-WAN-Cb-Wp-29 (28.2-32.9 cd) warmer bin of cool white.
C503C-WAN-Da-Wn-29 (32.9-39.5 cd) cooler but brighter.
Both of these are within Cutter's C503D brightest bin range

Nichia GS C0w bin brightest and warmest of cool white bin. PM me.

I can offer small Qty's for free. I just need $2 for shipping and the bubble mailer.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i get my 5mm leds on e bay, if not driven at over 20ma they are just fine, plus they are cheap.
of course if you can, get nichias the pbly the best 5mm leds.
take JohnR66 offer before he changes his mind

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thing about those ebay LEDs... There was a post here about someone contacting the ebay seller about those miraculous 55,000mcd LEDs, questioning the brightness. The seller replied admitting that the 55,000mcd figure was fiction, stating that this intensity wasn't possible. He admitted to them being 18,000mcd LEDs!:crackup:

Cheap Ebay LEDs = icy cool white, poor lifetime, poor ESD, and dim in comparison.

Of course if you want the ebay LEDs for free, I have some packs I took a few LEDs out of for testing, but never used the rest since I have better LEDs now.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thing about those ebay LEDs... There was a post here about someone contacting the ebay seller about those miraculous 55,000mcd LEDs, questioning the brightness. The seller replied admitting that the 55,000mcd figure was fiction, stating that this intensity wasn't possible. He admitted to them being 18,000mcd LEDs!:crackup:

Cheap Ebay LEDs = icy cool white, poor lifetime, poor ESD, and dim in comparison.

Of course if you want the ebay LEDs for free, I have some packs I took a few LEDs out of for testing, but never used the rest since I have better LEDs now.
oh yea, don't believe everything you read on the net.
however, i replaced leds on my photon micro lights, idk which leds were used there originally, but e bay leds were brighter, thou they were a tiny bit different dimension, i had to sand both light housing, and led's rim, but i replaced leds on all 3 photons i have. they became noticeably brighter.

not only they are icy cool white, poor lifetime, poor ESD, and dim in comparison, but they are not all the same in the bag, i bought 500 a while back, whenever i need to use more than 1 i had to test them on the bread board for tint, and match, some are cool, some a bit warmer, some are brighter that others.. they are cheap for a reason, but they are not totally unusable, you just have to make extra steps, and know its limits. of course nichias are definitely better. but i don't feel that bad when i burn array of e bay leds.

Last edited: