L4

Mrdi

Enlightened
Received my L4 today A19892 from a most reputabal CPF vendor.
The off on switch in a two fisted operation,
and I have root canal strong hands.
What gives?
Cheers,
Mrdi

Size15's

Flashaholic
If your Z57 Click Switch TailCap is not performing as you expect, please contact either your Dealer or SureFire direct (800 828 8809) and arrange to have it replaced.

SureFire need to know about these stiff Z57's so they can do something about them.

Repectfully,

Al

Spudman

Enlightened
Mrdi,

Mine is the same way.

I did call and I spoke to George the day mine arrived. He said it would loosen up some with use. I'll admit I am able to find the sweet spot easier, but it is by no means an easy task to latch the light. At least I'm able to switch it one handed now. I had to use both hands at first too. It is my very favorite light and my only criticism is that the switch is just way too stiff. Do you (Al and others) think I need to try again and see if Surefire or the dealer will exchange it?

I am afraid that down the road I might look grotesque with one HUGE thumb muscle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Gary

Size15's

Flashaholic
If George said it would loosen up then I would certainly want to give it a chance. My Strider-Buck MiniFolder took a lot longer then I expected to become easier to open and use the liner lock. I guess it was a mixture of it loosening up and me getting use to it.

If I can get hold of one of these stiff Z57's, I'll compare it to me LX (this switch is significantly difficult to use)

Al

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an L4 a little while ago that had a very hard to operate switch. One day it turned on in my pocket. When I pulled it out I was not strong enough to press the switch and turn it off. I played with it quite a while, banging on the switch before it was freed. It now worked smoothly, but the light was always on. I called SureFire. They sent me a new one, and I returned the old one.

I don't know if this is the same problem that Mrdi or Gary have. I hope not, but if it is, you may find one day the thing won't work at all.

Paul

alberto

Enlightened
Being right handed, I have found that I have just enough strength in my right thumb to operate the Z57 switch, but is difficult-to-impossible with my left.

I think I've used it enough such that if it's going to loosen up, it would at least be showing some signs by now --nada.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cycled mine few hundred times today. It did loosen up some. Hmmmmm, maybe I developed "super thumbs" instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine seems to work properly. I can click the button with the thumb of either hand. No complaints here.
Then again, as was stated in another thread, maybe a GOOD one was picked out for me knowing where it was going. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my L4 from Dan today. At first the switch was pretty stiff, but in the course of just one day it's already loosened up quite a bit. One hande operation is no trouble...

PJD

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had a problem with operating mine lefty or righty. I found out that I have ambidextrous strength (not saying I am strong) in my hands, which is rare for a righty.