Please Help

Blizza22

Newly Enlightened
i am looking to make a 300w led lamp, 234 red, 33 blue, and 33 white. I am familiar with how to wire them for the most part. The part that i am not familiar with is how to go from the AC to DC. i know rectifiers or led drivers are needed but i am not understanding how to determine what one to buy to handle a 300 led array. Please help me with purchasing the correct parts. If you could just give me a shopping list for the project i am undertaking, i would be most appreciative. And i would even be willing to pay for specific instructions to ensure i do this project correctly. THANK YOU!

joe1512

Enlightened
Somebody made a 500 5mm LED recently. Search for that as there are a few threads about it. You might even PM the guy who made it for advice.

It would be a lot easier to use a smaller number of Power LEDs instead of trying to tediously solder hundreds and hundreds of 5mm LEDs.

I mean, a single XP-G is worth a hundred LEDs. I am pretty sure you can find red-tinted power LEDs too to incorporate.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am looking to make a 300w led lamp, 234 red, 33 blue, and 33 white. I am familiar with how to wire them for the most part. The part that i am not familiar with is how to go from the AC to DC. i know rectifiers or led drivers are needed but i am not understanding how to determine what one to buy to handle a 300 led array. Please help me with purchasing the correct parts. If you could just give me a shopping list for the project i am undertaking, i would be most appreciative. And i would even be willing to pay for specific instructions to ensure i do this project correctly. THANK YOU!
http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/Lighting/litlpo_PoweringLEDs.html