xp-g R5 cr-2 light ?

lumen_eater

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking for a small key chain light with some serious power. i would like to go with the cr-2 form factor beaus of the high energy density of this battery type. i know about the ez cr2 , the raw and some costume lights that seem to fit the bill quiet nicely but non of theme use the xp-g led... why ? efficiency should be top priority when in comes to small lights and it cant be that hard to redesign a light to accommodate an xp-g instead of the xr-e.. so is there any cr2 xpg light out there that I just dont know of ? it shouldn't cost much more than 50 bucks but I might pay more for something realy nice or maybe something made of titanium.

thanks in advance

Viper715

Enlightened
I think THIS may fit the bill. I have one on order myself for the size.

Edit: Reeso beat me to it!
Or THIS one if you are interested in Titaniium.

Last edited:

lumen_eater

Newly Enlightened
while the quark seems nice its also quiet a bit larger than bothe the ez cr2 and the raw... i would realy like something tiny

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
i'm looking for a small key chain light with some serious power. i would like to go with the cr-2 form factor beaus of the high energy density of this battery type. i know about the ez cr2 , the raw and some costume lights that seem to fit the bill quiet nicely but non of theme use the xp-g led... why ? efficiency should be top priority when in comes to small lights and it cant be that hard to redesign a light to accommodate an xp-g instead of the xr-e.. so is there any cr2 xpg light out there that I just dont know of ? it shouldn't cost much more than 50 bucks but I might pay more for something realy nice or maybe something made of titanium.
You might want to back away from your subject and instead of focusing in solely on the emitter, looking at the whole package. One reason for the xr-e in the EZ series is that was what was available at the time and their popularity waned enough that there was no impetus to upgrade them.
There's nothing wrong with deciding you won't buy an EZCR based on it's lack of an xp-g, but I think if you got one in your hand and looked at the perfection in the beam pattern you just might decide that it's not that bad a light. I'd like to have nothing but xp-e and xp-g emitters in my Cree loaded lights, but that said, I always carry my EZAAw and Draco, regardless of which other lights I have on me at the time.
Emitter based choice is good, but don't forget to take into account UI and reflector when choosing too.