Surefire Classic Weapon light???

praharin

Newly Enlightened
If this is the wrong forum, I apologize.

I have one of these for my 1911. I love the simplicity and the fact that I don't need a railed 1911 or an add on rail to mount the light.

The problem is they have been discontinued for several years now, and replacement parts are non-existent.

Does anyone out there know where I can get spare slide releases and bezels? An spiked bezel would be great, as well.

I have two bodies, and would really like to complete the extra one. I would also like to collect some spare parts just in case something breaks.

Thanks

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there were so many different models, a pic would help. Some parts are avail., but it depends on the model. If I can see it, I might be able to recommend a few replacement parts.

:welcome:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Does anyone out there know where I can get spare slide releases and bezels? An spiked bezel would be great, as well.
:welcome:

Give SureFire a call regarding the slide release. I believe they continue to support these Classic handgun WeaponLights.

The Lamp Module is either L30 (for the single SF123A version), or L60 for the two-SF123A version.
It uses the classic Z32 shock isolated bezel.

SureFire offers an LED replacement kit "BP60L" for Classic WeaponLights that use the Z32 shock isolated bezel. It features a special 'standard' (sic) bezel for the P60L that is a little longer than the standard Z44-BK bezel to prevent the P60L LED Lamp Assembly springs being overly compressed.
The L30 and L60 feature Lamp Module Adapter Collar / Adapter Body which the Z32 screws onto. The BP60L bezel replaces the Z32 so you will still need the L60 for it's Lamp Module Adapter Body since they aren't sold individually.

Anyway, I understand there are aftermarket "spiked" bezel rings that replace the bezel window retaining ring of the standard bezel. I assume they'll also fit the BP60L bezel.

Photos would be great, and please let us know how you get on and take photos of the solutions you find!

Al :)

Last edited:

praharin

Newly Enlightened
I tried Surefire, and they do not offer replacement parts for it. I was hoping someone here knew of a dealer that still had some leftovers.

100_1158.jpg

I can get more if you need them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ah... so its a search for Dealers with old WeaponLight stocks...

Please can you post some photos of the bezel and the collar unscrewed?

On the face of it the BP60L bezel should fit on the collar instead of the Z32, but I'm not sure the P60L functions on only one-SF123A.
However, you can replace the P60L with an aftermarket LED drop-in that is designed for a single SF123A.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a very nice looking light with a one-cell body/adapter.

I have one of these for a Sig with no matching host. It seemed rather ungainly, but... I think I'm going to have to find something to mount it to now.

What's that housing-to-bezel adapter called, anyone know?

praharin

Newly Enlightened
It does both :p

Besides that, it's the pin through the frame that holds the light on, only on the opposite side.

I am not sure it's polymer at all, it feels like aluminum, but it's not in front of me, so I could be thinking of something else...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's single cell, a P60L will work, but it'll be very dim. I'd go with either an R30/R30 style (if you can find them), or a Malkoff M30. The malkoff will be the brightest single-cell drop-in that'll fit.

praharin

Newly Enlightened
Like I said, there is a P60L in it right now, and it's not noticeably dimmer than the lamp that came with it. The battery life is lousy, relatively, but it actually seems a little brighter than the original.

sbd45acp

Newly Enlightened
For the pedantic, it's a slide stop, not a slide release.
Thankfully, for the dyslexic pendantic among us, the two terms are used interchageably. Occasionally "slide lever", "Slide release lever";) and or "slide lock" as well. Interestingly, John Moses Browning referred to the device we call the the thumb safety as the "Slide Lock"

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The joking point was that Size15's is always harping on the proper terminology for the various SureFire TurboHeads, even down to the capitalization of the letters in TurboHead. So my point was that the proper term for the part is slide stop. That's what the part is called in all of the original Colt M1911 Gov't Model parts diagrams.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The joking point was that Size15's is always harping on the proper terminology for the various SureFire TurboHeads, even down to the capitalization of the letters in TurboHead. So my point was that the proper term for the part is slide stop. That's what the part is called in all of the original Colt M1911 Gov't Model parts diagrams.

I got ya, Justin...it's not an M962XX...it's an M962xx...I wonder if the light is HA-Type II or HA-Type III??? Just kidding Al:nana:

You "punctuality" is above and beyond.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! That thing looks awesome! Love the flat polymer...I think the adapter just an old "E-To-C" adapter with a Z32???

It's anodized aluminum - the HA has worn through in spots on mine. It's also not executive threads on there. The adapter has male threads, and the body has female threads.

conan1911

Newly Enlightened
For the record, our manual refers to it as a "Slide Stop". As a 1911 user and owner I would say that its first and primary resposibility is in fact to "stop" the slide. The fact that is "releases" the slide is a by product. Just my two cents. BTW, the model in the photo above is the 310R. FWIW.

praharin

Newly Enlightened
For the record, our manual refers to it as a "Slide Stop". As a 1911 user and owner I would say that its first and primary resposibility is in fact to "stop" the slide. The fact that is "releases" the slide is a by product. Just my two cents. BTW, the model in the photo above is the 310R. FWIW.

Are there any current products that will replace the bezel on it?

Latest posts