A Difficult Mod Desired

jblizna

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

It's been a while since I posted anything, but internship has kept me quite busy. I have been waiting for Henry at HDS Systems to start up production of his new Action Lights because he told me that once they were under way, he would consider the following; I have an old All-In-One model, virtually unused, in perfect condition, with the black HA. The LED's are from 1998, so are quite dim by today's standards. Recently there was a post about new Nichias producing 50 lumens/watt. I know for a fact that this Action Light produces 1 watt of power on "high", although it is only 12 lumens currently. I want the 24 LED array replaced with 24 new Nichias (these 50 lumen/watt, "T" rank or whatever designation they will be. Henry told me it is possible to replace the array, but it would be a lot of work because everything is essentially epoxied in place. Is there anyone out there who could possibly tackle this problem? Of course, I would be willing to pay quite a bit for a job of this caliber. I don't even know if these new Nichias are available to the public yet. Thanks.

John

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post a few photos John and I am sure modders will come flocking your way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif