On what EDC item do you spend the most $$?

On what EDC item do you spend the most $$?

• Flashlight

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • Knife

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Multi-tool

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Equal amounts on all three

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding lights,knives,muti-tools.Three fairly common EDC items, I think.I didn't want to include cell phones even though most of us carry them because they usually involve monthly payments,contract agreements etc. I realize this is a flashlight forum but I know many here have strong interest in the other items.
In my case it is lights.Generally I EDC a Quark 123 but I will often carry a second light of equal or greater cost if am wearing a coat or heading out at night.As far as knives go the most expensive I carry is a Kershaw Scallion.Often I will carry an inexpesive Gerber and I only carry one knife.A Leatherman Pulse is my EDC muti-tool although I don't carry it at all times like the knife and light.The Pulse was purchased on clearance so it was under $30.Just curious :popcorn:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I was going to vote camera, but without that option had to go to lights! Most people are not going to go much over $100 on a multi-tool, and most will be under that figure, whereas knives over $100 are a given.

For me my most spendy EDC items would be watch, camera, lights, knife, hard drive, multi-tool, and that's assuming I wearing Carhartts and a t-shirt.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I was going to vote camera, but without that option had to go to lights! Most people are not going to go much over $100 on a multi-tool, and most will be under that figure, whereas knives over $100 are a given.

For me my most spendy EDC items would be watch, camera, lights, knife, hard drive, multi-tool, and that's assuming I wearing Carhartts and a t-shirt.

I was gonna vote phone.... or indeed watch, but if i have to choose between these it'll be the knife (but the multitool is a close second at the moment)!

I just love a great knife!

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
ipad, phone, flashlight, watch, wallet, knife.

edc items in order of most expensive to least

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't EDC knife nor multitool.
My Millermodded Arc AAA costs twice as much as my cell phone or ipod shuffle.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how many people here this relates to, but my most expensive EDC item is my handgun, my light next, & then my knife.

I refuse to go cheap with my carry handguns, while little use (in EDC carry, I consider range time seperate), IF I do ever need it, I NEED to know that it will work EVERYTIME ( I know, anything "man made" may not be 100%).

I do like the idea of your post, just a thought.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

guardpost3

Enlightened
in order from most expensive to least expensive:

Handgun
Watch
Phone
Light
Knife

the last two are almost a tie, the average cost of most of my lights and knives are about the same

boulder

Newly Enlightened
SF LX2, Leatherman Skeletool CX

I mostly switch between my LX2 and my Quark 123 R5 for my EDC.

adnj

Enlightened
The knife. Although some of my lights are over $100, most of my knives are. A cheap light will help you see but a cheap knife will make you bleed.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easily my gun. Phone was $30(I talk on it..........that's it.), flashlight was $25, multitool was $45, knife was $35. Glock w/ holster, belt, and etc. was a little over $1,000.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure how many people here this relates to, but my most expensive EDC item is my handgun, my light next, & then my knife.

I refuse to go cheap with my carry handguns, while little use (in EDC carry, I consider range time seperate), IF I do ever need it, I NEED to know that it will work EVERYTIME ( I know, anything "man made" may not be 100%).

I do like the idea of your post, just a thought.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

I decided to leave handguns out because it applies to a more limited group of people.I also think it is generally a given that a handgun is usually going to be the most expensive as quality guns start in the hundreds and go up from there.Comments on handguns or other favorite EDC items are certainly welcome here I was just trying to keep the poll simple and open to a broad group of people.:D

Last edited:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Lights coz I love walking in the evening to light up my path. Then knives on the other pocket for self defense.

andyw513

Enlightened
I have to say a light. My knife is used sparingly nowadays, my multi-tool sits at my desk rarely used at all, but my light is used daily. So, naturally, I spend more on it than anything else.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights first but a close run second is pens,always buying them.I like a nice decent writer and one of my favourite is the Cross make.

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
My light (SF 9P) is my most expensive EDC. During the Summer, I carry a G2L, because I don't have the room for a leather wallet, Pantech Matrix, and SF 9P in cotton shorts.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Flashlights: Fenix P1D Titan R5-$88
2. Multitools: Leatherman Surge- $80
3. Knives: Spyderco Native III (VG-10)- $60

Those are my most expensive EDC items and happen to fall in the order I spend the most money.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
At the moment it would be-
1- iPhone 3gs 16gb otterbox'd $650
2- spyderco caly3 zdp-189 $259
3- muyshondt aeon $210
this has been my setup for a while as it suits me extremely well but before this it could be a strider knife or McGizmo light in the mix that would take top honors
and if I carried a handgun it would be over $1k bu it lives in the jeep. So I won't count that.
When j get outta school my watch will take top honors by a long shot. I can't wait to get my rolex deep sea

csa

Enlightened
I carry custom lights when I can afford them. McGizmo doesn't come cheap :D