LSH vs. LSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting an LS. Probably a factory second. (mised the sale now they LSH's are too expensive for me). Whats the difference in output between the2 types. I heard the LSH is more focussed but what about brightness? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
LSH is ussually brighter. But some of that is due to the focusing.

I find the LSH still has very good spill light, but being focused , it can throw light further.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is quite a bit of information on this in the Arc Flashlight FAQ including links to several threads on the subject.

If you order a Second, you don't get to specify what you get (LSL-S, LSL-P, LSH-S, LSH-P, LS1, LS2), it is simply luck of the draw.

So if you decide you would really prefer one or the other, you may want to consider paying a bit more for a Standard.

Pat

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my first LSL-S last week. I had never seen one before, although I had read most of the posts about the difference. Here's what my eye sees based on a comparison with my LSHs, shining on a wall.

The LSL seems to be just as bright overall. The hotspot is a little less bright, however, and the light is spread out more. The shape of the hotspot and the coloration tend to look like what I see from the Arc AAA. That is, while the overall color is white, the hotspot is bluer. And, it is circular, as opposed to the LSH's diamond shape. Finally, my LSL has a little ringiness to it; the LSH has no rings of light.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.